The 2022 March Meet at Famoso Racway (2 Viewers)

Gino, fuel altereds, nitro funny cars, CIFCA funny cars, and Pro Mods. Friday night under the lights qualifying and eliminations saturday night with a game plans to run the finals at 10pm.

Justin, your $h!t track track had 3 funny cars runs that were top 10 all time, a top fuel run that was top ten, and traditional fuel altered without a wing that went 253 MPH.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking at Elims and noticed that most of the R/T in T/F and F/C were really kinda horrible. Was wondering if that is because of the way the cars are set up? I wish there were more AA/FD, the class has come down to a handful.
Cliff - the nostalgia cars with centrifugal clutches are extremely slow reacting. If you look at the R/T's, in NFC (for example), most of the cars with those clutches are .120+. The ones under .100 are almost all pedal clutches. Speaking for myself, I have shown I can go .04-.06 consistently with a pedal clutch, .00-.02 with a converter drive, but I have only ever gone under .100 once with the centrifugal clutch. I can show you computer data that shows a huge delay in the time between the engine gaining rpm and the driveshaft moving. I was trying my darndest to catch good lights at the MM and my best was a .128. Until recently, only a few knew how to make a pedal clutch work on an NFC. But, more are figuring it out. I know that I am seriously considering making the plunge. But, I don't have enough budget or close tracks to adequately sort it out, so I am still on the fence.
Lyle Greenberg

Lyle, I'm an NTF guy, but you sure do have a BITCHIN' hot rod!!!

240081264_993929831173489_6245736972217737924_n.jpg

Cliff - the nostalgia cars with centrifugal clutches are extremely slow reacting. If you look at the R/T's, in NFC (for example), most of the cars with those clutches are .120+. The ones under .100 are almost all pedal clutches. Speaking for myself, I have shown I can go .04-.06 consistently with a pedal clutch, .00-.02 with a converter drive, but I have only ever gone under .100 once with the centrifugal clutch. I can show you computer data that shows a huge delay in the time between the engine gaining rpm and the driveshaft moving. I was trying my darndest to catch good lights at the MM and my best was a .128. Until recently, only a few knew how to make a pedal clutch work on an NFC. But, more are figuring it out. I know that I am seriously considering making the plunge. But, I don't have enough budget or close tracks to adequately sort it out, so I am still on the fence.
Lyle Greenberg
Lyle, congrats on your win, and like Justin said, your ride is Bitchin'!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back