The 2021 Nitro Revival (1 Viewer)

I must have witnessed hundreds of cackle cars over the years and that ^ car, the Mike Kuhl car, has as far as I'm concerned THE BEST flames when cackling at night. Its mechanical configuration produces big beautiful campfire-like, bonfire-like even, flames out the headers. It's so awesome to see. Also beautiful colorful paint job. RIP Mike.
Wish I could be there.

Well it was a hit and everyone involved is very happy. Lots of sights and sounds for everyone to see. A good mix of old and new cars on the track that brought in a good variety of spectators. Some saying they've never seen cars like the FED on display.

Word is that they had to close the gate on Saturday by noon as there were no more parking to be had. Many said yesterdays on track Cacklefest was the best they had seen. We left before that as dad was tired and it was getting too cold. Today there was a drop off of attendance (as usual), but there still a buzz in the air.

Here are some of the photos I took of some of the cars:
IMG_3982.JPG
IMG_3973.JPG
IMG_3978.JPG

Found this on BangShift this morning. Jack Beckman is in one photo and maybe Herm Peterson (?) in another. The 5.91 car of Walton-Cerny-Moody, didn't know it still existed. Dell Doss Chevy rat motor T/F. Gary Cagle Modified Fuel Roadster.... Wow. I remember seeing many of these cars.

Last edited:
Here's some of Dave Kommel's shots on dragracingactiononline (a new on line magazine) from this weekend. I can say photos and videos can only tell part of the stories of this past weekend.

Found this on BangShift this morning. Jack Beckman is in one photo and maybe Herm Peterson (?) in another. The 5.91 car of Walton-Cerny-Moody, didn't know it still existed. Dell Doss Chevy rat motor T/F. Gary Cagle Modified Fuel Roadster.... Wow. I remember seeing many of these cars.

That Walton-Cerny-Moody car is owned by a friend of mine, Hal Sanguinetti who lives in Phoenix. You may remember him as one of the announcers from Speedworld, he occasionally is on the mic at Firebird too.

Was watching the cars race down track. Kept thinking, what does this remind me of? All the signs in the far lane remind me of San Fernando Drag Strip. That track had signage somewhat like Irwindale. Wow, deja vu.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back