The 2019 March Meet (1 Viewer)

I think that if NHRA would change the tire size for AA/FD to the same tire run by F/C, then you would see 5.30's, maybe even .20's. Bartone went 275 on 12" tires several years ago, so 280 is not out of the question with a wider tire.

I think that if NHRA would change the tire size for AA/FD to the same tire run by F/C, then you would see 5.30's, maybe even .20's. Bartone went 275 on 12" tires several years ago, so 280 is not out of the question with a wider tire.

The 275 was before they made them seal the pumps. The whole point of the smaller tire was to limit ETs and speeds (and in theory costs), while letting them use current technology (44 amp mag and direct drive). Hasn't exactly worked out that way.

Correct size tires, minimum distance from the top of the tire to the top of drivers helmet (get rid of the phone booth cockpits), get rid of the massive cannards. Would look line a nostalgia top fueler and be fun to watch.

I wouldn't wanna drive AA/FD without canards. That is the only down force they have besides the headers. I personally think they need a wing at the speeds they run, even tho it's not period correct. i do remember (smaller) canards on the front motor cars around 1970-71 and they were running low 6.40's then. I dunno, the F/C are no where near what they were in the 70's & neither are the dragsters. Both classes are waaaay quicker & faster than the originals & they both need more down force at the speeds they run.

The Top Fuel class is doing just fine and doesn't need anymore changes. The guys in the class have been working over the years to make the class better and like the tire size the way it is. i would of imagine that some cars from back east would have been out if not for the winter we've had this year. I heard the Hiltons' from Cincinnati are still putting together their new car, otherwise they would have came out

Word has it that there are several new cars being built in the middle of the country and interest parties are working to put together a series in 2019 with stops at Cordova and a couple of other tracks that I can't think of now. You can keep up on what's going on here: https://aafuelers.wordpress.com/

If any (nitro) class is in trouble, it's the funny cars and A/F.

Last edited:
What will happen with A/F? I know Drew Austin in the Ford car and the Bates car have both been 5.80's. How quick are the alky cars? They can't come close to those times.

paris hilton could not have written that any lovelier.

You're - 39
That's 2, 19 year old girls which you come off as one.

- enjoy the rest of your ride
In the town you live with the same issues you trashed.

The true racers will continue to flock to the patch and sacrifice everything they have, including life and limb as they have for 61 years just for the opportunity of a March Meet title.

- why do I respond to such nonsense

You with the popcorns - end it
Jerry starts at 2.

You might be right...I misspoke...I said real racers...not real race
paris hilton could not have written that any lovelier.

You're - 39
That's 2, 19 year old girls which you come off as one.

- enjoy the rest of your ride
In the town you live with the same issues you trashed.

The true racers will continue to flock to the patch and sacrifice everything they have, including life and limb as they have for 61 years just for the opportunity of a March Meet title.

- why do I respond to such nonsense

You with the popcorns - end it
Jerry starts at 2.

Sorry bud,

I apologize.

You're right...real racers and real race fans love the march meet and the reunion.

I'm clearly not a racer or a race fan.

I'm not sure what the reference to where I'm from is about, or how you think you know where I live but I'd love to hear it...give me a couple minutes to microwave some popcorn...I'll be right back

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back