The 2019 March Meet (1 Viewer)

the REAL racers and REAL race fans will be there regardless of the weather forecast. 2016 seattle. had to dry the track a couple times. looked like it was about to rain at any minute that weekend. the AA/FC record book was tossed in the recycle bin. waited in the parking lot some 3 hours till the final round was called off sunday. one of the best races i have been to. seeing that AA/FC record book reset 8x in the same weekend? priceless. a REAL race fan will be there at the march meet regardless of the weather forecast. no other dragstrip has ever made waste of the AA/FC record book like pacific raceway did in 2016. .

Northwest Nationals '16 was one for the ages! Easily the best race I've seen at that track. Saturday F/C qualifying was insane. Sat right at the finish line for those sessions.

just got home,a little rain,hail and allot of great racing. 5 wheelstanders,mendy fry is cool and a bad ass.good luck to everyone

40062168_1392574474209021_6525112812291751936_o.jpg

Donnie Couch - I just wanna ArmorAll her pants!

Mike English -

tumblr_p5d8os5uGT1wpo5m3o1_540.gif

Photo courtesy of Kim Fuller

*That's Bucky Austin's daughter btw -

Last edited:
From watching this race on the live feed, I have been pleasantly surprised by the relative lack of down time, due to oil downs; as compared to previous years. The addition of Mike Dunn and Larry Dixon providing color commentary has been a plus also.

the REAL racers and REAL race fans will be there regardless of the weather forecast. 2016 seattle. had to dry the track a couple times. looked like it was about to rain at any minute that weekend. the AA/FC record book was tossed in the recycle bin. waited in the parking lot some 3 hours till the final round was called off sunday. one of the best races i have been to. seeing that AA/FC record book reset 8x in the same weekend? priceless. a REAL race fan will be there at the march meet regardless of the weather forecast. no other dragstrip has ever made waste of the AA/FC record book like pacific raceway did in 2016. .

Real racers know that the march meet and especially the Reunion are basically a swap meet where a car show happens and then if theres time...we can race...great track great officials...but it stopped being an actual race before i was born, and im old...so go be cold in the orange groves with shit entry roads and limited hotels in the area

From watching this race on the live feed, I have been pleasantly surprised by the relative lack of down time, due to oil downs; as compared to previous years. The addition of Mike Dunn and Larry Dixon providing color commentary has been a plus also.
Agreed. Non stop racing today. One oil down all day and it was not too bad. A 5.56 for Funny Car was awesome too. A/Gas was off the hook!!!

Last edited:
I was on the fence about buying this event on streaming PPV but I am so glad I did. It really turned out to be a bargain with all that content. What is cooler than a Rambler wagon vs a Willys...
Great show....

Thank God I went out on Saturday. I wouldn't want anyone here to think I wasn't a real racer. And I don't know any real racers who race the entry road. Yes, Famoso is out in the dirty dusty farm fields. They even have compost piles next to the track. But it's our home track and we love it.

I have to say as a spectator (this time), this was one of the best races I attended and watch on the web in a long long time. Congratulations to some of my friends Bob McLennan, Adam Sorokin and the entire Champion Speed Shop Team. Also James Day, the Hall Bros and the Herzog family (whom I've never met). The AA/FA finals were spectacular.

I was on the fence about buying this event on streaming PPV but I am so glad I did. It really turned out to be a bargain with all that content. What is cooler than a Rambler wagon vs a Willys...
Great show....

I don't mind telling you that Rambler Wagon is an all steel car. No fiberglass fenders or hood.

Some of my favorites are the "VooDoo Hemi" '35 Chrysler Airflow and the '57 Pontiac Super Chief. Both are home built. The Airflow is made out of Kevlar and all four doors work. Jim Data's Super Chief is all carbon fiber that he molded himself in his garage. There are about 35 to 40 A/Gas cars here on the west coast running various organizations, but like us, many do not have the free time or funds to travel the Heritage Series.

It's really easy to get caught up in the moment like Donnie obviously did. I kept saying to myself, Mike, please don't - please don't - please don't.

giphy (3).gif

can someone tell me some of the rules for top fuel, 12in slicks ? 871 blowers? motors size,fuel pump flow,weight.wheelbase
was mendys 5.49 the quickest ever??
just a fan. thanks brad

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back