Thank you ESPN Classic & TiVo (1 Viewer)

T-Bone

Nitro Member
So last night I get home from taking a mid-term and decide..time to drink and celebrate a little. While I was relaxing and watching all the shows I had recorded and have finally got caught up on...I notice there's a TiVo suggested recording that it saved "Drag Racing"....so it was late and I was about to go to bed, and figured what the heck..lets check it out....

I was amazed from the moment I read the description... Eliminations 1999 NHRA Nationals from Sonoma CA. As tired as I was....I managed to watch about 30 mins of it before I had to crash (ok so I drank more beers than expected) but this was awsome.. Cory Mac & Tony Shoe both had hair...Dean Skuza was racing...Mike Dunn was still racing...I mean wow...I can't wait to watch the rest of it tonight!! WOO HOO!! Bonus!!!!

Just a happy camper :D

T

Yeah, it's pretty cool they are showing those old races. Earlier this week my grandson and I were able to watch the 1999 NHRA Northwest Nationals, which was the first race I ever took him to when he was six. Both of us got a real kick out being able to watch that race again.

Yeah, it's pretty cool they are showing those old races. Earlier this week my grandson and I were able to watch the 1999 NHRA Northwest Nationals, which was the first race I ever took him to when he was six. Both of us got a real kick out being able to watch that race again.

YEAH!! Rich...dig the old skool Pen's emblem. Back to the good old days of Mario & Jagr...

T

Terry
When Cory started T/F in 91, he was bald in the back...
It's a rug...:eek:
Tony cleaned up better with the buzz cut...:D

Terry
When Cory started T/F in 91, he was bald in the back...
It's a rug...:eek:
Tony cleaned up better with the buzz cut...:D

It was kind of funny to see him looking like a devil with a spiked hairdo and goatee and shades...was funny. Was wierd seeing Tony without the Buzz Cut...and the interview Alan did with Doug Kalitta...sounded oddly the same as his interviews sound today...same with Whit Bazemore's top end interview...

All in all though..I thought it was cool just seeing this..well parts of it, will finish watching after I get off work :)

T

Speaking of the ESPN Classic re-runs: Does anybody have the segment where T. Pedregon (driving for JFR) had the arm restraint snag on the seat belt buckle and un-latch it when he reached up for the 'chutes? I forgot which race it was and accidentally erased it from the TiVo.

I would like to get that segment, as you can clearly see him come out of the seat and his helmet hit the windshield.

I don't remember which race it was either but I definitely still have it; I have all of the episodes that they have shown so far on my computer; I plan to put them on DVD if I can ever find the time. It shouldn't be a problem to get it to you once I figure out which one it is.

Speaking of the ESPN Classic re-runs: Does anybody have the segment where T. Pedregon (driving for JFR) had the arm restraint snag on the seat belt buckle and un-latch it when he reached up for the 'chutes? I forgot which race it was and accidentally erased it from the TiVo.

I would like to get that segment, as you can clearly see him come out of the seat and his helmet hit the windshield.

I believe it was the '96 Brainard race. Sorry I already deleted it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back