Team Thompson Starts Season With Semifinal Finish at Winternationals (1 Viewer)

(Pomona) Clint Thompson nearly picked up where he left off at Pomona, only this time at the Circle K NHRA Winternationals. Team Thompson made it to the semifinals with a strong performance to start the 2014 season. Clint qualified eighth with an impressive 5.62 at 251 MPH.

At the start of Eliminations, Clint took on California custom car painter Mark Woznichak. Woznichak had qualified 9th so it looked like a close race on paper. At the hit, Thompson was out of the gate first while Woznichak lost traction and spun the tires. Meanwhile, Clint was home free with a clean pass and stopped the clock with a 5.58 at 257 MPH which was low ET of the round. “I Shook hard on the last qualifier so we had to make some big changes. I guess I made the right call” Thompson said.

In round two, Clint took on Jay Payne. As the lights came down, Payne left the starting line early resulting in a foul which turned out to be the best gift he could have ever given his opponent in the other lane. Thompson shook hard and spun the tires but was able to move on to the semifinals due to Payne's mistake.

In the semi-finals, Clint took on Sean Bellemeur. As the light went green, Bellemeur nailed the tree and got a sizable lead off the starting line and never looked back. Bellemeur recorded a 5.72 at 252 MPH to take the win over Thompson’s 5.91 at 249 MPH to advance to the final.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back