team summit (1 Viewer)

That's funny, because I've seen Jason get a little annoyed when told at top end interviews that he won by a holeshot. He prefers to kill 'em with brute force horsepower.

I know Tony Schumacher ran the same way with R/T's. Leave alright...you know the car has the rest in the bag. Greg MIGHTY GENEROUS and Line has the same history. It used to be if you were against a KB car, you could cut a 15 and have at least 400's; you would never know if that was going to be the outlier R/T run. I am glad to see in the last few years they have improved dramatically. Put EE's 3 titles aside, she already changed the class for the better where you just can't cut a .050 and be called good. Clay, Leah, Prock, Brown and Ashley did the same for TF where a good light used to be consider a .70 for a fuel class.

Put EE's 3 titles aside, she already changed the class for the better where you just can't cut a .050 and be called good. Clay, Leah, Prock, Brown and Ashley did the same for TF where a good light used to be consider a .70 for a fuel class.

While this is absolutely a fact it is not necessarily all the drivers " Driving". There is a whole bunch of RT available in the car set up weather it is adjusting the clutch pedal on a P.S. car or the clutch on a F/C or T/F car or even angle & throw on the Gas Pedal. Not all drivers like the exact same steering ratio. Even changing arm reach to the steering wheel or a small angle difference on the seat for your neck. Drivers have gotten a lot better from comfort and physical body control - a few hundreths (even thousanths) gained by the driver being able to react better is huge. The lite weight suits allow a bunch more freedom of movement also. Different glasses shades can make a difference. That along with changing the launch for the conditions can make a "Good Leaver" look Bad or a "So So" driver look Good.

will drag this old thread out one more time.....a big congratulations to greg for his performance in gainesville. summit colors a little less so far w/kb racing.
summit colors prominently displayed at the southern sportsman showdown :cool:

1 more to tie the All time win mark. I didn't give Anderson much of a chance of ever catching Johnsons 97 wins but he was able to get by the behemoth, that is Erica, who, right on que, cuts a robotic .00 light, but fortunately for Greg her car was a tad off, and he made a very good run. I was also happy seeing Greg, Warren and Arlene chatting on the starting line, which implies things are not as testy between him and the Johnsons, as often discussed, but where was Kurt ??

yes, greg is apparently back. i think there's probably a big thank you to jason in there somewhere?
next to KB racing defeating the talented team that is erica, there is nothing better than seeing the original KB cars beating someone in final
who was a former KB engine customer.

summit getting involved with dallas glenn for remainder of year 👍

thought i'd drag this old thread out. seems appropriate in celebration of greg's 100th win @ indy. certainly a milestone for a guy who followed a dream; started a small team
of his own, eventually brought in jason, added more talent, and made KB racing a dominant force in PS racing that continues today.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back