Tasca vs. Force round 1 (1 Viewer)

NHRAMike

Nitro Member
Bob Tasca III has a 58 point lead over Johnny Gray for the 10th and final spot for the countdown, and John Force needs 76 points to pass Ron Capps and Matt Hagan and move into 5th place in the standings before the points reset for the countdown. Will Force pull an Indy 2009 and lay down again to give Tasca a free round on Gray? Assuming that Capps and Gray win their respective first rounds, will Capps take the fall in round two? Could make for an interesting day. Of course if Gray loses in the first round this is all meaningless. (kinda like this post)

I think the times have changed a little bit. The last time I remember seeing John Force lay down was with Ashley in the other lane in the Final at Atlanta. (I was one of the 40 ppl in the stands to watch it after rain). Things have looked pretty good. A far cry from the days of finding creative ways for Tony to lose in a side by side.

Force may even want Tasca out of the countdown (though he doesn't say so) to prove JFR's Ford dominance. I would, as a competitor.

Tasca is in this position because of his qualifying all year. Guy has a great car, better than his position. However he hasn't taken advantage of the qual conditions when others have. His first round losses from the bottom of the ladder were quick ET's. At times the 3rd or 4th best ET of the entire 1st round.

I think if he does he will earn it.

Bob Tasca III has a 58 point lead over Johnny Gray for the 10th and final spot for the countdown, and John Force needs 76 points to pass Ron Capps and Matt Hagan and move into 5th place in the standings before the points reset for the countdown. Will Force pull an Indy 2009 and lay down again to give Tasca a free round on Gray? Assuming that Capps and Gray win their respective first rounds, will Capps take the fall in round two? Could make for an interesting day. Of course if Gray loses in the first round this is all meaningless. (kinda like this post)

JFR rocks!

dead-horse.gif

Like I said, I haven't seen it since John layed down for Ashley Force's first win in the ATL aka Commerce.

Glad things have changed for the better!

Thumbs Up!

Indy was great!

Any other driver would smoke the tires and nothing is said but when it's John Force it's....

"OMG HE SMOKED THE TIRES, HE TOOK A DIVE / LAYED DOWN *BLA BLA BLA BLA*!!!!!!"

It's just really silly at this point. :rolleyes:

Looks like he laid down, er, Smoked the Goodyears for Tasca yesterday too!;)

Hmm. I don't know Lance. The Commerce situation with "very close" teams, sharing data, great conditions is the sure thing. No clue on the Tasca deal.

Like I said, (and you may just be pull'n at me here) I think there's 99percent more heads up compared to 3 years ago.

:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back