Tasca Gets Busted & Fined (1 Viewer)

I looked at nhraracer.com. There were 3 drivers that got "busted". Pat McCue disqualified from event & same fine as other two. Jeff Lane got fined. And of course Tasca. All 3 for burnout in unauthorized area, $2500 fine. I don't know about McCue but Lane & Tasca are well known racers, so make me wonder just what is going on.

It is entirely possible that spending $2500 to make sure your run was going to be OK is better than wasting $20,000 plus one of your qualifiers at the biggest race of the year.

After watching several teams "help get rid of mosquitoes" in the pits with everything from golf carts to pit bikes to tow vehicles I am honestly surprised more drivers/teams have not been fined for it before.

Last edited:
A burnout in the pits? Really? He gets fined for that? Now if you tell me he burned down a rental car and a pit bike and gets fined...
All of the tracks around here that I've been to will punish people for doing burnouts in unauthorized areas. There have been too many mishaps over the years for them to accept the liability. Even though it doesn't stop everyone and there are plenty who don't get caught, it's pretty much universal policy and nobody has any room to complain when it bites them.

A burnout in the pits? Really? He gets fined for that? Now if you tell me he burned down a rental car and a pit bike and gets fined...
Pretty sure NHRA will at least publicly not care about a rental car.
What Tasca and others did is a violation of rules put in place for safety.
I think the fine should be a lot higher.
That size of a fine for someone like Tasca is like having a pimple on your a$$...

Pretty sure NHRA will at least publicly not care about a rental car.
What Tasca and others did is a violation of rules put in place for safety.
I think the fine should be a lot higher.
That size of a fine for someone like Tasca is like having a pimple on your a$$...

The fine for speeding isn't higher because you drive an expensive car. This fine is right in line with what others have been fined for similar offences in the past.

Alan

The fine for speeding isn't higher because you drive an expensive car. This fine is right in line with what others have been fined for similar offences in the past.

Alan
Oh , I get that. Not saying he was fined less or more. I meant to someone who probably has a significantly higher income than say you or I, the amount may not mean as much.

With that said, the fine could still be more for what I consider a significant type of safety offence, Speeding/reckless driving in the pits.
There is not enough duct tape to fix some things... ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back