Steve Schmidt and Jim Yates split? (2 Viewers)

Hey guys, just thought that I would stop by and give you the latest on Pro Stock.

I just talked to Steve Schmidt and we are still buddies . He was working on the engine we ran in Phoenix as we spoke. Steve and all the crew at the shop(especially David Amburgey who Steve sends to the track to help us) have been working their butts off to help us run good. However somehow between the engine, car, tune up, or driver we are missing the perfect set up. Steve has told me several times since Pomona that he would understand if I wanted to run someone else's engine. Steve would honestly rather see us run well that collect money for an engine rental that we thought might be sub par. Maybe he wants us to use a different engine builder so we don't make him look bad. LOL :):):).

Believe it or not, we all get along fairly well in pro stock. I talked to "The Grump" today. I talk to Maskin at every race. If I have a question about carbs or something I can go to Maskin and he will help all he can.

The bottom line is that we have looked at a lot of opportunities for a solution to our engine needs, and we will continue to do so. We are very fortunate to have Wiley-X on board this year and we intend to give them a competitive car to brag about.

Thank for your interest in Pro Stock, and for supporting our sponsors. It means a lot to all of us.

Jim
Thanks for the straight scoop (and the ride to the airport Dallas 2000)

S/F
D

Last edited:
John;

I feel that it is important for the fan to see what we go thru as not only a PRO racers, but also as dads, husbands, brothers, friends, etc. There is more to life than racing, however racing is an important part of what we do. I enjoy writing the blogs and would highly recommend for anybody to take a few minutes to stop by and check them out. In fifteen minutes you can go thru the last 4 months and see how we worked over the winter to get everything ready for the season. Did I mention, Toni takes some kool pictures.

Jim
Enjoy your blog kudos to you and your family for doing things right! Your new car looks awesome. Could you explain about your split with the "Grump" if possible. Keep your heads up -you'll be fine!

Hey guys, just thought that I would stop by and give you the latest on Pro Stock.
Wow, that's certainly a classic (and classy) Nitromater-happening. Small world indeed. Jim, many thanks for the straight shoot and many thanks to all ye others who have put up some very interesting replies.

On a related note, there will be two Pro Stock cars from Sweden and one from Finland testing at Valdosta next weekend and then continuing on south for the Gatornationals.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

thank you for stopping in jim! as the REAL pontiac fan on nitromater :D i think your GXP looks incredible! i cant wait to see in @ englishtown, and so glad your out there for the entire year. good luck in 08!

I may be a little prejudice, but I think it is the coolest looking car in the pits. Wait till you see it in person. Our GXP shines as only a "real" paint job can. The people at Wiley-X did all of the design work with the guys at Banshee and it turned out awesome. Now we need to make it go as fast as it looks.

I haven't seen it yet in person (Sears Point is only 5 months away!!), and I think it is the coolest car in the pits! Good luck in Gainesville!

I compliment Jim stopping by and being above all the garbage.

Thanks, Jim..it's appreciated.

I was happy to hear JY's relationship with Maskins is good. If memory serves back in the late 90's their partnership didnt end very well. It be nice to see Jim and Dick combine their efforts again especially since Dick along with Glidden seem to be putting out a very competitive engine these days. I also wonder if the thought of leasing one of cagnazzi's motors has crossed Jims mind. With connolly out of action, VC should have one of those killer engines lying around doin nuthin' :p

I haven't seen it yet in person (Sears Point is only 5 months away!!), and I think it is the coolest car in the pits! Good luck in Gainesville!

You wont be disappointed... I support the O, but that is a great looking paint job, and the Yates family are good people so they are hard not to cheer for.

Good luck Jim and keep working hard, you know it will pay off, your'e driving is still top notch so the problem has to be in the setup, We are rooting for you!!!

Hey Jim,
Keep kicking that door, it will open for you again!!

You do show the difficulties of keeping life balanced between the rigors of racing and keeping a family together!!

To all on the Mater, my 1st post here was a sideways kick in the shins at Jim, he did not deserve my attempt at making light of him having a nice boat and looking for sponsor money, I have since made an amends to him, and he was very gracious at accepting it, (even though I had some harsh words coming to me).

I wanted to clear that matter up, publicly.

Good luck Jim!!!

PS, that boat still needs a bait tank!! :)

Darrell

I have had the opportunity to rub shoulders with the Yates family while they were testing out at Speedworld and can attest to the fact that they are great people just as many are in racing. I would like to openly thank them for being the people that we as fans can feel good about supporting. Good luck.

Paul "M" Miller

P.S. Jim, can you thank Toni for being my personal receptionist while my phone was in your trailer?;) Thanks.

Hey Jim,
Keep kicking that door, it will open for you again!!

You do show the difficulties of keeping life balanced between the rigors of racing and keeping a family together!!

To all on the Mater, my 1st post here was a sideways kick in the shins at Jim, he did not deserve my attempt at making light of him having a nice boat and looking for sponsor money, I have since made an amends to him, and he was very gracious at accepting it, (even though I had some harsh words coming to me).

I wanted to clear that matter up, publicly.

Good luck Jim!!!

PS, that boat still needs a bait tank!! :)

Darrell

Darrell;

It is easy for people to get along, if they communicate with one another and are willing to accept each others point of view. They may not agree, however they still respect each other when the debate is over and the smoke has cleared. I enjoyed the talk we had in Pomona and your point of view. As for the boat...... I have not seen it in soo-long, it may actually be a "BAIT TANK" . We are hoping to stop by and see it for a few days while in Florida for the Gators, but it depends on how we run and how much more we have to test before Houston. Keep pulling for us, we can use your thoughts and prayers.

Jim

Thanks for stopping by Jim! It was good to hear from you. Good luck in Gainesville and we'll see ya' in Houston.....that is if the wife can hold out one more weekend......third boy due April 2nd........:eek:

Thanks for posting on the Mater, Jim. I know you prefer to be out on the track on Sundays, but I must say you do an excellent job in the tower with Mr. Frey.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back