Staging Lites blinking? (2 Viewers)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
While watching the race yesterday I noticed that the pre-stage and stage lites were blinking when the drivers pull into the beams? Anybody else notice and know why?

Doesn't bother me but, I have a little cheap Mobius camera that I use as a dash cam. In the initial set-up you can set it for American or European (indoor?) lighting -Defeats the frequency issue...would think it should be an easy fix.

If you watch an airliner takeoff/landing video on YouTube, one with a glass panel, the monitors often do the same thing - blink like crazy. Not sure exactly what phenomenon causes it. Obviously the stage bulbs at Epping were working just fine.

It was not a problem for Drivers because they don't see the Blinking, so it really doesn't matter. Just MAYBE they did it on purpose so people would have something new to WHINE about this week:cool:.
I wasn't whining, just the opposite, wanted to alert the producers to the issue. Since the red writer isn't the IT guy I thought that he could point it out to somebody who could fix it.

Bob, are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!! THe stage lights have like that for over a year and I'm sure you could have contact someone at NHRA rather than expecting Alan to do it and I'd bet money they were aware of it long before this race.

Speaking as someone who still races at tracks that use "the old two bulb system" quite often, I prefer the LEDs 100 times out of 100.
as a racer, i do not doubt that you prefer the LEDs to old incandescents, but they did work well, and fans could easily see both lights at all angles and distances.

Joe Amato might have been the first to wear special sunglasses. Said they helped him see the lights better.

It's all about the frequency of the LEDs The 4-Wide tree used to do it, but the regular tree didn't. Different LEDs.

This tree is the new one with the side lights for the fans and it obviously uses the same LEDs as the 4-Wide tree.

I was told that it's an easy fix, but you need a tool or meter to adjust the frequency and it wasn't available in Epping, but they will have it in Norwalk.

That is if I understood correctly.

Alan

Agreed Alan, It's the frequency of the LEDs' V.S. the Shutter speed with the cameras. They finally got the frame rate squared away with the incandescent bulbs then upgraded the camera and leds'. Back to square one. A little known fact, Everyone that had a newer car with "HID" lighting on their car, which most have, it is in fact a glorified strobe light that flashes faster than your eye can see. "HID' high Intensity Discharge" Light.

Last edited:
I guess the tool to fix the blinking stage lights isn’t available in Norwalk either. but I’d rather have blinking lights than what I have now which is nothing.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back