What were they doing? (1 Viewer)

Pete

Nitro Member
While they interviewed Kalitta, after his DNQ, I noticed his crew members removing body panels off the car and carting them away. Did anyone else notice that and/or why they were doing it?

While they interviewed Kalitta, after his DNQ, I noticed his crew members removing body panels off the car and carting them away. Did anyone else notice that and/or why they were doing it?

Since DK was running the special Foose paint scheme perhaps they were headed off site to a list of pre-determined collectors or to the souvenir trailer.

Actually, it's normal practice to remove the mud flaps and stuff on top end so it's less they have to do between rounds to get the car ready. I do realize it was the last session, but I'm sure they always do it the same way. I think Tony Shoe even has the guys take the plugs out down there.. or used to anyways.

Everytime they came back up in front of the stands this weekend, the area just in front of the driver was off.

Actually, it's normal practice to remove the mud flaps and stuff on top end so it's less they have to do between rounds to get the car ready. I do realize it was the last session, but I'm sure they always do it the same way. I think Tony Shoe even has the guys take the plugs out down there.. or used to anyways.

Yep, I agree, if you noticed several teams were doing the during interviews in the turn off area. Teams do this to keep the same routine, they are getting ready to service the car and will be ahead on removing panels before they get back to the pits.

Exactly. Not just these guys - but most crews guys work at one speed only - ultra fast. Don't matter if they're testing on Monday, just finished the llast qualifying pass on friday before heading to the hotel, or if they're going to the final at Indy.

yeah that interveiw was awesome..hey connie "did ron leaving have anything to do with the dnq?" no no no we had a disk blah blah. lets see how lucas runs with ron.

Exactly. Not just these guys - but most crews guys work at one speed only - ultra fast. Don't matter if they're testing on Monday, just finished the llast qualifying pass on friday before heading to the hotel, or if they're going to the final at Indy.

Dead on.. I watched Toliver's crew during the test week, and they were working on being as fast as they could be on every turnaround.. You only get so many times to do it from top to bottom, so you should try and do it the same or faster every time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back