Sportsman Maters ? (1 Viewer)

JIMBO

Nitro Member
Will there be any MATERS from the SPORTSMAN ranks competing at the gators ?
We have invites from Matt and Max just wondering if anyone else will be there. :)

My car will be there-L/AA driven by Lee Zane in comp eliminator-I won't be though-I'll be grading the exams I'm giving on Monday-i'll be listening via the net.

Dave can you give us some identifiers so we can find and root for your car ?
You know so we can keep it in house.:D

Dave... I see your car is racing in Orlando this week too... Are you here?

I will also be competing at the Gators in S/C... As for the description of the car, I will let you know Monday ;)...

CJ Curtsinger

C J, we will be in Gainesville this weekend, should be there on Thursday morning. We will be helping with the Top Alcohol car of Dan Lucas. That is alot of work stop by and see us. How did you do in Orlando. We could not make that one due to Kelly's schedual. See you in Gainesville

Dave... I see your car is racing in Orlando this week too... Are you here?

I will also be competing at the Gators in S/C... As for the description of the car, I will let you know Monday ;)...

CJ Curtsinger

No-I'm here at work-trying to catch up with falling behind after having been sick for a week. The car ran its best mph ever this morning.

Willie, I will swing by and check up on things... Is Kelly racing?

Dave, I saw the run that he made... Very impressive... Congrats to your whole team...

As for looking for me in the winner's section... This so far has been a cursed season for us... This is the third event in a row where something has malfunctioned/broke during eliminations... I broke out (as did about 90% of the competitors today) with around a .76, hit the brakes after the finish line and the pedal just kept going... The brakes locked up and stopped me VERY quickly... The rod in the brake master cylinder bent in such a way that it jammed itself, completely braking RIGHT at the finish line... It took them about 10 minutes to get my car off the track...

Well, at least I kept it off the wall... This could have gotten very bad very quickly at those speeds when the tires just stop spinning...

Hoping things turn around at Gators,
CJ Curtsinger

Dave, I saw the run that he made... Very impressive... Congrats to your whole team...

I broke out (as did about 90% of the competitors today) with around a .76, hit the brakes after the finish line and the pedal just kept going... The brakes locked up and stopped me VERY quickly... The rod in the brake master cylinder bent in such a way that it jammed itself, completely braking RIGHT at the finish line... It took them about 10 minutes to get my car off the track...

Well, at least I kept it off the wall... This could have gotten very bad very quickly at those speeds when the tires just stop spinning...

CJ Curtsinger

Lee said that besides the mineshaft conditions (which I could see from the forecast) that the headwind on Friday became a tailwind on Sunday-sometime the drag racing gods are riding with you CJ-sounds like you had them with you when the brakes locked up. hope you get things fixed for the weekend.

Willie, I will swing by and check up on things... Is Kelly racing?

As for looking for me in the winner's section... This so far has been a cursed season for us... This is the third event in a row where something has malfunctioned/broke during eliminations... I broke out (as did about 90% of the competitors today) with around a .76, hit the brakes after the finish line and the pedal just kept going... The brakes locked up and stopped me VERY quickly... The rod in the brake master cylinder bent in such a way that it jammed itself, completely braking RIGHT at the finish line... It took them about 10 minutes to get my car off the track...

CJ Curtsinger

CJ, are the the reason the tech notice came out on NHRA.com? :D.

NHRA News: Technical notice to teams: brake systems (2/28/2008)

That notice was put out before our incident but that's where our problems were... I'm 6'2" and the pedals in my car are already as far down as they can go, so to compensate we made the angle of the brake pedal at about 90°... The problem we didn't anticipate was that then when I hit the brakes it puts the rod at an angle it wasn't designed for...

All is well... We put in a new master cylinder and rod later that day and the angle is now around 65°... Now we just have to take two inches out of my femur... :D

CJ Curtsinger

CJ, no kelly will not be racing this weekend. It is too hard for her to miss that many classes to get there on Thursday. We will run the Southern Nationals at Atlanta Dragway. She is looking forward to racing at South Georgia in April.
See you all this weekend.
Willie

Okay, so it was 2 days late... Look in the press releasesection tommorow (If its up by then)... :D

CJ Curtsinger

CJ,

Congrats on the sponsorship.

I hope the Maters who were at the Gators did see the comp final and that you noticed the similarity between the car in the final and the one in my avatar-wish we could have had just a little more for Rodger.

I hope the Maters who were at the Gators did see the comp final and that you noticed the similarity between the car in the final and the one in my avatar-wish we could have had just a little more for Rodger.

Congrats on the runner up Dave. If Justin Lamb would have only had a chance to make Roger use up some of that index, maybe could have gone the other way. I thought once Lee got past Sharp, it was his to win(you never know what Frank's gonna bring). Will you or your car be at Houston this year?

Dave, I saw up to the quarters in comp but was very glad to see your team reached the finals... Looks like the start of a good year for you...

CJ Curtsinger

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back