Southern Style Pot Roast (Crock Pot/Slow Cooker) (1 Viewer)

Kelly

Nitro Member
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Brown Roast on all sides at med-med/high heat....3-4 min each side. I cut mine into large chunks to fit in the Crock Pot better.
Arrange vegetables in the bottom of the Crock Pot. Cover with Roast. Mix Soup packets, Tony C's and water and pour over meat and vegetables.
Cook on high for 4-5 hrs or on low 10-11 hrs. I prefer slower with low heat.....the meat is more tender. Of course, it depends on your Crock Pot and desired degree of doneness.
Remove roast and vegetables. Add flour to gravy. Amount depends on your preferred thickness. Wisk until smooth. Start with 1 tblsp and add from there. Add more water if you need to.
Voila!
(This is from memory.....so I hope I didn't forget anything!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.....it's just used to brown the roast on the stove top. Just another pot to dirty. ;) You could cook the whole recipe in it, but I don't like to. It's too much 'pot watching' to keep everything from scorching even on a simmer. You'd have to stir it often.

Yeah.....it's just used to brown the roast on the stove top. Just another pot to dirty. ;) You could cook the whole recipe in it, but I don't like to. It's too much 'pot watching' to keep everything from scorching even on a simmer. You'd have to stir it often.

So just a heavy cast pan will work too?

I love Pot Roast but I have to be honest. The real reason I am posting on here is b/c Pam has me on a diet and everytime when I look at the mater on All Forums I see Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie in this section and frankly, I cant take it any more!

I love Pot Roast but I have to be honest. The real reason I am posting on here is b/c Pam has me on a diet and everytime when I look at the mater on All Forums I see Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie in this section and frankly, I cant take it any more!
LOL Justin. So you resurrect a 1 1/2 yr old thread to help you through? *chuckles*.

I hear ya dude.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back