Lobster bisque (1 Viewer)

G'ginna

Nitro Member
Place the celery, carrots and lobster into a sauce pan, just covered with water or 3/4 C chicken stock & water and boil until the meat is just cooked. If you have a whole lobster tail boil it in the shell & remove shell before adding to the remaining ingredients.
In a small fry pan add 1/4 C stock and the diced onion, cooking over low heat 5-7 minutes. When cooked, pour into processor, add the carrots and celery from the lobster boil and puree.
In a medium size pot over medium heat, melt butter. Slowly whisk in flour until mixture is creamy. Gradually pour in remaining stock stirring constantly with whisk. While stirring also add in pureed vegetables, white wine and half & half. Add tomato paste and seasonings while stirring. Add Lobster meat. Continue to stir slowly while heating to almost boiling. (do not boil.)
Remove from heat & serve.

Last edited:
On my....my mouth is watering.

That is excellent, Georginna..whew..I will be trying that.

David, I only make it when I have people over to eat, and I never have so much as a drop left in the pan afterwards. I hope you enjoy it too!

Hey G... Nice to see your recipe is exactly like mine :).. This was my New Years Day specialty for years, and yup, you have to have lots of folks over to enjoy it (my guests were always the ones with only slight hangovers- a bit too rich for those that were dealing with a major thumper :p)..

Missed doing it this year as I spent most of New Years Day on a plane getting home, but maybe we'll have a change in tradition and throw down on, say, GroundHogs Day?? :D

Wow, GMTA... I gleaned it from three other recipes, had I known about yours I would have saved myself the trouble! LOL

Why wait? :):D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back