Sonoma, Watch it come together (1 Viewer)

Anyone know if any other tracks have cams like this???
I watch it every week as they run bikes, road race cars, etc. and lots of testing I guess, because the pit area always has someones rig and trailers there... Just wondering about others... Sorry I did'nt hook everyone up to this site sooner... Who'd of thunk people would want to watch trucks park... lol It's probably the same reason I used to go to the airport and watch planes take off and land...:D Hi kelly, Glad to see you back on here.... LMAO
Sorry sweetie, I had to...;)

In order to better help me stalk my favorite drivers, could y'all with eagle eyes tell me who is there with their trailers now? ;)

I just saw SKUZA pull in... LMAO:D
Force is parked next to the nitro mall tent, with his 15 rigs... seriously;) When the sun starts to go down, the picture will get clearer... Looks like everyone is making thier way in... It is not an easy place to get into and park a 767:eek:

Aaah. I figured that was the Force contingent. Heh. I am afraid I'm gonna be glued to these web cams during the next few days. I hope work doesn't get in the way. :D

Thought I just saw Eddie and Ercie pull in...
Look the Mongoose is there...
No wait... I better run over to lens crafters real quick:D
I'll be right back;)
Kris did you just see that? Kelly is waving at us... WHAT THE!!

Last edited:
The tower side bleachers used to be much closer to the track, and you can no longer stand at the fence like the old days.
The carved into the hill seats is the "family" section I think. No booze, no smoking. If a blower belt comes off a car around that area, the nice track worker will usually climb over the fence there and give it to kids sitting down in front.
Traffic.
Saturday is not bad because after the pro session, most leave. There is still activity on the racing surface tho. Stick around for that(usually "top the cops" program <-----fun) and by the time that's over, the jam has eased up quite abit.
Sunday I usually have one foot out the door during the final pairs. I'll sit at the "carved into the hill" seats on the opposite side of the big main grandstand. Those are closest to the main parking lots(it's a hike!) and a quick dash to the car will beat the massive traffic jam. Traffic is usually pretty slow there anyway, race or no race.
Hey megadeth, how do I get one of those parking passes? I guess in front of the nitro mall. Time?

If you buy the tickets in advance they sell them to you and they do go fast because the area is not that big.I use to buy them at the gate when I paid for the ticket but now I order them a month before the event just to make sure.

How about Saturday after the first pro qualifying session in front of the Nitro Mall ?

How do they pick pit parking spots, is it first come first serve or do they go by point standings?

Mike
I think Kelly acually picks the order and she does it in alphabetical order starting with C.:D
I really don't know but thanks for the question, maybe Kelly knows...;)
It's all in love K.:D

Yup, they moved the starting line camera already. This time facing the main grandstand.

what is this 'thunder alley' for additional $10/day or $30/weekend?
are they letting fans sit/stand along the nascar pit lane?
(getting them closer than front row of large bleachers)

How do they pick pit parking spots, is it first come first serve or do they go by point standings?

I got my answer. Attached is the text of an e mail from one of the teams. I did not ask permission to post his reply so I would rather not say who it is from.

"Hi Mike,

Always busy, especially at a race, but thought I'd get back to you right away. NHRA pit control people map out the entire pit area and tell us where to park. In the old days, you got lined up by points, but all the multi-car teams need to park next to each other (us included) so there are big blocks of pit space they have to work around. If you're a single car team out of the top ten, though, you're going to end up pitted in the least desirable spot in the pro pits.

It's kind of a mystery to us how they map it out, but we just do what they tell us..."

The camera is on and working for this weekends D7 race...
Check it out, looking straight down the track and they are running cars... ENJOY:D :p :eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back