***BREAKING-Sears Point Raceway back on NHRA schedule? (1 Viewer)

As per the article the contract last til May, but go to their website and it says Sonoma with a small Infineon raceway logo

Infineon Raceway

It really needs to say Sears Point, not Sonoma

I have always wondered why Las Vegas Motorspeedway doesn't have a title sponsor. Bruton's folks could get Sears Point and Charlotte title sponsors (Infineon and Lowe's) but not Vegas? Always has struck me as odd.

Naming rights?

Move along. Nothing much to see here.

I didn't know that Infineon was still in business (Still not certain WHAT they do).

That said, somebody - who wants to increase their profile and - maybe -goose their stock price - will probably come along.

Whether a race facility with a few(?) events a year (and limited viewrship) is worth the kinds of money a football or baseball stadium might command, is a completely different matter.

Last edited:
There are a lot of facilities that are having issues finding someone willing to pony up the $$$ for naming rights. That is/was the last track in Nascar that has a title sponsor.

The Arena for the Thunder in OKC was nameless for over a year.

There are a lot of facilities that are having issues finding someone willing to pony up the $$$ for naming rights. That is/was the last track in Nascar that has a title sponsor.

Not true, there's one left, Auto Club Speedway in Fontana.

Never really gave it much thought. To me and my gray-beard peers, it's always been Sears Point...

That was a killer deal they had negotiated for the naming rights, 3.4 million per year for 10 years, that was a nice chunk of change to have coming in and its a big chunk to be losing.

I can't see anyone else paying anywhere close to that in our current economic situation, hopefully the track can survive without it.

The Arena for the Thunder in OKC was nameless for over a year.

Don't think that is comparable. The arena was named Chesapeake Energy Arena. The CEO and founder of Chesapeake Energy is one of the owners. Three or four of the owners control energy companies. My understanding is it was just a matter of which owner was going to name it after their energy company.:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back