Sonoma, Watch it come together (2 Viewers)

I have it bookmarked and have been watching it for several years now... It updates every 5 minutes... Force usually pulls in first, like 10 trucks or something crazy like that... Should be pulling in tonight or first thing in the morning... Blue Powerade paint on starting line probably first thing in the morning... It was 115 here yesterday and 111 degrees today... They cover it with clear plastic wrap of some sort and then peal it off for Sunday eliminations, so it looks clean and fresh... Kinda neat and trippy at the same time... check it out!! I'll be there Friday morning... AH!! The smell of NITRO C-YA :D

I'll see ya guys there, Sat and Sun. Weather looks warm.
My seats are on the "tower" side, not the big grandstand.
Sat: section 2 row 5 on the edge
Sun: section 3 row 3 on the edge.
If ya guys wanna do a 'mater meeting that would be cool too.
Hey jOkEr!, ya gonna run the X-Balm A/fueler?

Kevin Brown- THE Joker
I'll be on tower side also, Tower R row 15 seats 63-64
Right on the aisle, I owe you a beer, so stop by and I may buy ya 2... Hope you guys show up... Some of us miss you.. TTYL my friend... Bring some XBALM and I'll take 2
C-YA there... I hope:D

Parking my junk tomorrow.Then back on Thursday for the duration.look for the ugly car in my avatar in S/G.Might or might not still have my name on it? Probably only gonna change the #s for the weekend though.

Eathon
good luck this weekend, and there is nothing ugly about a blown pinto to me... LMAO I know it's a camaro:p :D

Those webcams are cool. The one that looks down the strip, they will most likely move it and aim it towards the staging lanes.......at least that's what hey did last year. I will be there Saturday, somewhere in Reserved Tower Side.............the big grandstand seats suck....too far from the track!!!

I will be there Saturday, somewhere in Reserved Tower Side.............the big grandstand seats suck....too far from the track!!!

You got that right. When I was there 2 years ago I couldn't believe how far the pit grandstands were from the track. I sat in the reserved tower side that year right on the starting line. They were great seats.

Sleepy heads!

While all you California folk are in bed, I am checking the webcam every so, just to see a trailer pull in. If I miss it, I'll be dissapointed, but if I don't, and you guys are still asleep, I'll get to rub it in! HA!

EST BABY! :D

I'm going to Sonoma for the first time, and was wondering is the whole track reserved seating or do they have a general admission section? I also noticed a small set of bleachers on the left side at the top end, are these seats open to anybody or is it a racer's only section? How bad is the traffic getting out of there at night? Thanks for posting the webcam it's really neat to see the traveling circus being put together.

I'm going to Sonoma for the first time, and was wondering is the whole track reserved seating or do they have a general admission section? I also noticed a small set of bleachers on the left side at the top end, are these seats open to anybody or is it a racer's only section? How bad is the traffic getting out of there at night? Thanks for posting the webcam it's really neat to see the traveling circus being put together.

Those bleachers on the left side are cool deals built into the side of the hill.IMO the best seats in the house.Unless you like starting line stuff.Those seats are general i believe.That is where I sit(ususllay because we have to park up the hill.But if you leave the main paddock area and walk over the bridges over the road course you will end up there.And as far as traffic it depends on what day and what time of night and where you are comming from.The fun part about watching the Fuel cars from that spot is that they are between 330' and 660' before the sound gets to you lol.Pretty cool.

I will be there Friday with a few friends and Sunday my wife and I will go! Can't wait!!

Those webcams are cool. The one that looks down the strip, they will most likely move it and aim it towards the staging lanes.......at least that's what hey did last year. I will be there Saturday, somewhere in Reserved Tower Side.............the big grandstand seats suck....too far from the track!!!

Should have a different zip code! :D

The seats at the finish line on the grandstand side are awesome and they are general admission. I heard that all the seats on the tower side are reserve now they were only reserve half way down in the past now they are all $10.
Here is a tip for you if they have any left buy a preferred parking ticket its $10 I guarantee you it will be the best $10 you spend. I watch the entire race all 3 days and it only takes me 5 to 10 minutes to leave while the lines could take hours. The preferred area is on the go-kart track at the top of the hill and they have a road down the hill that lets you out on Hwy 37. ;)

Hey Paul pick a place I will be going all 3 days!:)

That big white tent, is the Nitro Mall... Trailers should be pulling in any minute... Check it out at night when all of the generators are going and the lights are on in the teams pits... I also noticed that the right side is marked all reserved this year... I would'nt sit on the san fransisco side if you bought my ticket for me... Way to far away from track... Marin county type of far... Last year no one sat on the bleachers at the finish line that are on the hill.. That was friday, Sat. they were packed and have to be the best seats in the house... But then again, it is Drag Racing... Is there really a bad seat at a Drag Race? LOL
Yeah I know, I got plenty to say about that subject as well... But I am going to be a better person today... we will see about tomorrow...:p

Traffic question- Dude, Like it's California..... It's a NIGHTMARE!! beep-beep PATIENCE my child... We are all going to hell anyway, let's just hope the other guy dosent take us with him sooner than expected...

Last edited:
The tower side bleachers used to be much closer to the track, and you can no longer stand at the fence like the old days.
The carved into the hill seats is the "family" section I think. No booze, no smoking. If a blower belt comes off a car around that area, the nice track worker will usually climb over the fence there and give it to kids sitting down in front.
Traffic.
Saturday is not bad because after the pro session, most leave. There is still activity on the racing surface tho. Stick around for that(usually "top the cops" program <-----fun) and by the time that's over, the jam has eased up quite abit.
Sunday I usually have one foot out the door during the final pairs. I'll sit at the "carved into the hill" seats on the opposite side of the big main grandstand. Those are closest to the main parking lots(it's a hike!) and a quick dash to the car will beat the massive traffic jam. Traffic is usually pretty slow there anyway, race or no race.
Hey megadeth, how do I get one of those parking passes? I guess in front of the nitro mall. Time?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back