Some Pics of The Fuel Cars Hillary Will Race In Australia December 26/27th (1 Viewer)

mike

Nitro Member
Hi all,

I took these pics at a recent Test Session, and Fuel Car round at my local track in Perth Western Australia. On the 3rd of December my friend informed me that he would be doing a couple of private test laps prior to the meeting on the 5th of December, I always like when there is a chance to watch Fuel Cars, so I called my mate who is the race manager to see if he could get me in... Here are some photos I took from that session, and also the meeting. Also testing on the day was the Rocket sponsored car of Darren Morgan, tuned by Lance Larson. Who I found to be a very nice guy.

Being a test session I was able to get on the startline, as for race day I had to take my pics from the stands. I only use a little Cannon Digital SD 1000, so some of the shots are not great.

These are the 6 top runners in Australia this season that will take Hillary and the Kalitta gang on, on the 26th....

Phil Lamattina, tuned by Theo Pavlomanilakis. If you have time please check out www.lamattinatopfuelracing.com : ) They set the fastest speed ever recorded in Australia at this round @ 333.33 mph @ a 4.591. Some people had said the timers at the Perth track were not producing the right times, but a look at the data showed that it did run 333 mph. Pretty awesome run to watch.

IMG_7328.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

More to come...

Jim Read Racing cont..

Phil Read tuned by brother Bruce Read. This car was sounding so nice in the warm ups and on the track, it's got that Kalitta note : )

IMG_7529.jpg

IMG_7403.jpg

IMG_7501.jpg

More to come...

Darren Morgan tuned by Lance Larson (At this event, possibly December 26/27th)

IMG_7321.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg

More to come...

Alan Dobson/Santo Rapisarda. This is the car Scott (RIP) drove two seasons ago to a best of 4.51 at 332 mph.

IMG_7404.jpg

IMG_7424.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7357.jpg

We only had the six Fuel Cars at my home track. I'd post photos of the other cars, I have taken shots of in Sydney, but sadly my Hard Drive took a bit of a knock, resulting in the loss of those...

When I get the chance to get on a computer again, ill post pics of the other cars/classes.

Two more pictures...

A good dose of Nitro...

IMG_7469.jpg

And my sister and I still dream of one day going racing together...

IMG_7547.jpg

Have a safe and wonderful Christmas everyone.

Mike

Last edited:
WOW, thanks for posting Mike, that's a nice looking speedway there. I'm sure that the Aussie's love their drag racing as much as we do.

WOW, thanks for posting Mike, that's a nice looking speedway there. I'm sure that the Aussie's love their drag racing as much as we do.

No problems Lance :) Right next door to the strip is a speedway track too. What happened is, both our old drag strip and speedway were forced to close because of noise restrictions. So the Drag Racing board got together with the Speedway board, and sent in a proposal to the local goverment to build both together. So now it's one purpose built motorsport facility. It's also right near the ocean, so usually the conditions are great. Lance Larson said they were some of the best conditions he's ever seen.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back