So what will happen..... (1 Viewer)

Cliff

Nitro Member
What will happen with points? Championships? Will we have 2020 Champs? Hopefully this virus will be over in less than 5 months & some racing can be held.

What will happen with points? Championships? Will we have 2020 Champs? Hopefully this virus will be over in less than 5 months & some racing can be held.

They will quickly run out of free weekends to slot in "postponed" events. So it will be a shorter season without doubt. I am more concerned about the racers finances. Will the teams have to lay off employees? Will they get them back when racing resumes ? Will sponsorships be lost ? Will this bankrupt some teams ? Will this break some racetracks that need big races to stay afloat? What about TV contracts ? A scary time with lots of questions.

those r some great questions cliff .. free wk ends will run out .. i would think its safe to say vegas and houston will b cancelled and charlotte probably too .. lay offs from the teams is a real possibility too .. i would think that if a sponsor is not spending the money at a race , that $$ could go to the next race(s)... im sure that track owners will loose the income , go bankrupt --- will c ... maybe the same with TV contracts , no race , no spending the $$$ ... will the virus stop some companys from comming to the NHRA , again , we'll c i guess .. no answers here , just some thought ...

Formula One is starting their season in May. That might be a possibility for NHRA. Everything mentioned above is a very real possibility, not only in motor racing, but sports too. Think how many people are employed at a sporting event. Vendors, cleaners, parking, etc.

what happens to mello yello purse money for every race not held? does coca-cola retain it? is it already paid and in nhra's account? does coca cola have recourse to monies paid
for races not held? (actually this whole argument works for all sports suspended)

gainesville over memorial weekend would be really great. nhra needs a big race on memorial weekend anyways, since englishtown went away.

The schedule and countdown rules will 100% change or they make 0 races up and just resume schedule making the countdown a 2-4 event qualifying going into the final 6.

Gees if the season is short enough, Maybe we won't need any CLOWN DOWN.

There is equal love for it and probably double the hate. Last year Billy Torrence almost made the countdown a joke, and in 2011 Johnny Gray would have been your funny car champion.

Wouldn't bother me if the Pro season went from April (or late March) through October (or early NOV at the latest). Save the teams some money - maybe see others get involved on a full-time basis. I love the Winternationals in Pomona but early Feb is just too soon after the old season and weather can be iffy.

Does the season have to end on the current date in Pomona in November? Perhaps a few weeks could be added to the end of this season and run a race or two in a warm weather area in November? Just thinking aloud........

Vegas, Phoenix, & Texas come to mind for Oct or Nov races. Lotsa times it's still 100 in Oct in Phx. Maybe even Tucson..... Jump on this Alan. :)

what happens to mello yello purse money for every race not held? does coca-cola retain it? is it already paid and in nhra's account? does coca cola have recourse to monies paid
for races not held? (actually this whole argument works for all sports suspended)

gainesville over memorial weekend would be really great. nhra needs a big race on memorial weekend anyways, since englishtown went away.
Virginia

As I expected, social distancing track rentals are starting to come together. Committed to my first today, expect it to become fairly frequent in the next while .... Oh well, something to look forward to.

Does the season have to end on the current date in Pomona in November? Perhaps a few weeks could be added to the end of this season and run a race or two in a warm weather area in November? Just thinking aloud........
Like Gators

I remember, It may have even been 2000, I believe rain outs and reschedules gave the NHRA 8 races in 10 weeks. Can anyone correct me?

I do remember one Gators event maybe 20 yrs ago or so that I flew down to that was cancelled due to excessive mud in the parking lots. The actual weather on race weekend was sunny and beautiful. I was not a happy camper......

OK, can we race if: 1. No spectators 2. only 10 crew including driver 3. race covered live on computer 4. all teams are 30' apart in the pits 5. when cars line up to race, all crew must be next to the wall in their lane & crew have to be 6' apart from each other.........

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back