Congratulations to NHRA (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I wanted to say a big thank you and congratulations to NHRA for pulling through what might go down as the craziest and most unpredictable year we have ever seen in our lifetimes. Many here thought the NHRA should have folded up shop like JFR and come back next year, but they said we are moving forward and they leveraged Indy to get 3 races in while most states were still in lock down to keep the sport moving. If that wasn't enough, Coke withdrew funding at what might have been the most vulnerable time for the orgainization. Thankfully Marcus Lemonis and Camping World stepped up to fill the void of Coke leaving the sport. Today we crowned well deserved champions, congrats to all! Who knows what the next 5 months will bring us as the virus is again spreading like wildfire, fingers are crossed we will have a vaccine and therapies that will hopefully allow us to resume somewhat normal lives again. Fingers crossed for a great 2021!

I wanted to say a big thank you and congratulations to NHRA for pulling through what might go down as the craziest and most unpredictable year we have ever seen in our lifetimes. Many here thought the NHRA should have folded up shop like JFR and come back next year, but they said we are moving forward and they leveraged Indy to get 3 races in while most states were still in lock down to keep the sport moving. If that wasn't enough, Coke withdrew funding at what might have been the most vulnerable time for the orgainization. Thankfully Marcus Lemonis and Camping World stepped up to fill the void of Coke leaving the sport. Today we crowned well deserved champions, congrats to all! Who knows what the next 5 months will bring us as the virus is again spreading like wildfire, fingers are crossed we will have a vaccine and therapies that will hopefully allow us to resume somewhat normal lives again. Fingers crossed for a great 2021!
Paul, I was going to post almost the same exact quote. To get in 9 races with fans after covid hit is a tremendous accomplishment for NHRA, especially when no other sports could have fans other than a few football teams. The events went off well and we had excellent racing. And as you mentioned, the four champions were all deserving.

Yup very good season and glad they were able to get a season in

I will add that without the JFR teams out there it was nice to see some of the underdog teams qualify and make some extra runs. I just wish some of them could pick it up a bit and play spoiler more often. The highlight of the season for me was seeing Zizzo and Justin Ashley make the Indy final. Just wish the Ziz would have won.

Well, it seems like Camping World kind of found NHRA, lol. Either way I'm gad it happened, my only fear is that NHRA may have negotiated from a weak position. I hope the purse money goes back to pre covid levels. I wonder what the Pro series champs will receive for their 2020 titles? I didn't see anybody signing the big checks, other than Stevie Fast in PM, and that's because Coke wasn't the PM sponsor. I will say I agree with everyone, it turned out to be a good season with great racing, right up through yesterday's final rounds.

Up here we lost our national event in Epping but I was lucky enough to go to the LODRS regionals and see the Alcohol cars live for the first time. Thanks NHRA. Looking forward to a 2021 season and Epping back to June..👍👍

kudos for putting together an 11 race season...... indy 1,2, and 3 were particularly impressive in midst of pandemic. the racing? meh......let's see.

elite motorsports won 8 races (PS did not race @ indy 2).....maybe richard will take all his big winnings somewhere else next year.
erica won four; one each for jeggie, jeg jr., laughlin, and a. stanfield. jason line and m. hartford with one each for KB.

DSR won FC at every race. jack, TJ, and matt with 3 each. capps with 2

Torrences won 5. Kalitta racing 3. DSR 2. J. ashely 1

can't wait for normalcy to return, along with JFR, scrappers, and any i'm missing.

I went to 4 Indy races and St. Louis this year and with everything else shut down, it rekindled my passion for NHRA. The number of races I have gone to over the years has dwindled down to 1 race a year last year (Rt. 66) as I have been going to a lot of MLB games during that time. I am rethinking my entertainment $ next year and I will be attending more NHRA races as I had a blast with these 2 days shows and the excitement they brought.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back