So for the people that said he was too old, can't drive, should retire, etc.... (1 Viewer)

HEMI6point1

Nitro Member
Like Jay Leno would say it, "Shut up!" Was really awesome seeing John Force win and even cooler to see him share the winner's circle interview with a marine veteran who was a JFR hospitality guest.

Is John the oldest Pro winner in NHRA history? I know some sportsmen winners have been in their 70's & that probably goes back to AHRA & IHRA as well.

Congrats to John, yes he's the oldest, but he already had that record, and I can't believe the question Amanda asked during the live FOX tv interview. Wow.

The way he got by Courtney was "interesting".

While I'm glad to see John win, I'm surprised there wasn't more conversation about this.....or was there some explanation elsewhere?
I watched the replay immediately - flaps closed.
This probably ensures that John will make the countdown and it didn't really hurt courtney.

Aw man I wanted to be the first to start the conspiracy theory.
Let the back and forth insults begin.

My attitude?
I don't really have a problem with team orders. I'm sure JFR (and DSR) want to have as many of their cars in the countdown as possible. Indy's not THAT far away.

What did Amanda ask him? I must have missed it.

The man has blown up and destroyed more cars this year than in a while and been to the hospital a few times yet keeps fighting to be out there racing and winning. He finally overcomes all the adversity, breaks a year + winless streak, adds to his career total (now only 1 away from 150), wins Denver for the 8th time, and does it on a holeshot over one of his biggest competitors.. A ton of positives and storylines to go with.. but instead she said "your struggles have been well documented this season, do you fear these moments coming back to you?" Really? He's enjoying the moment and all she can think of is do you fear your car might blow up some more? That was as bad as Bill Webber asking Dale Jr if he cried while interviewing him after winning the 2001 Pepsi 400. It was a good journalistic question for a fluff piece to air sometime not a winning interview question.

Maybe I'm just old and cynical. I can picture Steve Evans being excited for John getting out of the car commenting on him being back again and better yet, on a holeshot, then sticking the microphone in John's face and letting John be John.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back