So - Colts or Bears? (1 Viewer)

Gotta go with da Bears. Manning was unbelievable the second half yesterday, but he might have the same fate Marino had...all the records, but no ring. If Grossman plays a smart game and doesn`t play the like bad Grossman we`ve seen all too often this year, then I think Chicago wins.

spoken like a true lions fan :p

I realized a few seasons ago that as a Lions and Raiders fan I better find another team to rrot for otherwise by week 4 my teams are out of it and there's no reason to watch football :)

Matchups:

QB: Manning vs Grossman: No contest, Peyton all the way. Advantage Colts.
RB: Addai/Rhodes vs Jones/Benson: CHI couldnt score on a 1st and goal from the 2. Advantage Colts.
WR: Wayne/Harrison vs Muhammed/Berrian: M/B are ok but W/H are great, Advantage Colts again.
TE: Both teams have good tight ends
Def: Bears by a long shot, however during the playoffs the Colts have faired better and actually showed up. They havent allowed 100 yds rushing from any team they played yet in the playoffs. But Urlacher and Briggs are beasts. Advantage Bears.

I think God has aligned the planets all accordingly and Peyton will finally escape the Dan Marino curse that has plagued him for the last several years. I hope the Colts kick azz.

as a child i learned to hate the packers and the bears.......
a) because i am a viking's fan
b) because they have won super bowls and we have lost four
c) because that's what you do when you're a viking's fan
d) all of the above

would like to see tony dungee win the big game, especially after having
so many great seasons with the colts, plus his demeanor reminds me
of bud grant.
(he was also a former offensive coordinator for vikings)

since I work with Shelly Smith (Lovies Sister) I gotta go with DA BEARS!!!!!!! There isn't a nicer family in the World than the Smiths and they are very happy and proud of Lovie, He is good people and a hometown hero here in East Texas! He stuck by his young QB through bad and good, and yesterday was rewarded with a trip to his dream, They played a relitively mistake free game (no turnovers) and made some big plays, Chicago's Defense will make it a long day for Peyton Manning.

I'd like to see the Colts win it for their coach after his tradgedy last year with his son. One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is how scary it might be for the Colts special teams. They gave up a couple of long run backs after kicks to the Pats. The Bears have the best in the business returning kicks in Devon Hester (just ask Arizona). If the Colts can force the Bears to throw the ball...could be a long day for Da Bears.

Gotta go with the Colts. Granted, the Bears defense is awesome, but if Indy controls (I didn't say stops) the run and forces Grossman to throw, I think it's going to be a rout for Peyton and the Colts...

Matchups:

QB: Manning vs Grossman: No contest, Peyton all the way. Advantage Colts.
RB: Addai/Rhodes vs Jones/Benson: CHI couldnt score on a 1st and goal from the 2. Advantage Colts.
WR: Wayne/Harrison vs Muhammed/Berrian: M/B are ok but W/H are great, Advantage Colts again.
TE: Both teams have good tight ends
Def: Bears by a long shot, however during the playoffs the Colts have faired better and actually showed up. They havent allowed 100 yds rushing from any team they played yet in the playoffs. But Urlacher and Briggs are beasts. Advantage Bears.

I think God has aligned the planets all accordingly and Peyton will finally escape the Dan Marino curse that has plagued him for the last several years. I hope the Colts kick azz.

if it was all just about talent.....San Diego woulda put em all to shame...but that didnt quite work out

hey justin you want to talk about people getting off of peytons back....how about people getting of of grossmans back....the guy is taking his team to the super bowl, which is something 30 other starting QBs can't say right now, and people are still jumping all over him...poor guy cant catch a break....i have been one of his biggest critics, but at some point don't just have to look at the fact that the team he is the field general for will be playing in Miami

I think its more like his team is taking him to the Super Bowl. Teams can get to & win Super Bowls IN SPITE of their quarterback, especially with killer defense.

This Bears team is similar in nature to the '00-'01 Ravens, one of the best defenses in history & Trent Dilfer at quarterback. I was working a job in Tampa, FL at the time, the super bowl was played there that year. It was killing the local folks that after finally getting rid of Dilfer after all those years, he comes back & wins a Super Bowl for another team in their city!!!

Dilfer was 12-25 for 150 in that game.....Ray Lewis was the MVP!!

I think its more like his team is taking him to the Super Bowl. Teams can get to & win Super Bowls IN SPITE of their quarterback, especially with killer defense.

This Bears team is similar in nature to the '00-'01 Ravens, one of the best defenses in history & Trent Dilfer at quarterback. I was working a job in Tampa, FL at the time, the super bowl was played there that year. It was killing the local folks that after finally getting rid of Dilfer after all those years, he comes back & wins a Super Bowl for another team in their city!!!

Dilfer was 12-25 for 150 in that game.....Ray Lewis was the MVP!!

dilfer did the same thing that grossman did on sunday.....he was there when they needed him to make a play.....The post season is a completely different season....and what has ol Sexy Rexy done this post season that has put the bears near defeat??? i believe it was there vaunted Defense that almost cost them the seattle game

Actually your right, Rex is doing what Dilfer did.... Not losing the game for his team. He was like 4-14 at one point, but no turnovers. Don't give him too much credit for hitting wide open receivers in the second half against a poor defensive secondary. He couldn't even do that in the first half.

I like Rex, but the criticism is deserved, he has played poorly. Unless he comes up with a stellar game in the Super Bowl (which he is capable of), if the Bears win it will be remembered for the defense.

When Super Bowl discussions come up, when defensive discussions come up, the '01 Ravens defense is mentioned... Trent Dilfer is never mentioned...

I'm sure thats ok with him, he can always say he was a super bowl champ!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back