Snyder Earns Runner-up Finish in Joliet (1 Viewer)

[coverattach=1]Last weekend, for the second time in two weeks, the Snyder Motorsports Race Team was in Joliet, Illinois, this time for the Lucas Oil divisional series event. Although they would have liked to have ended up in the winner’s circle, the Team had a successful weekend, earning their 2nd number one qualifier award of the season and another final round appearance.

Snyder qualified #1 for the event with a 5.55 second pass down the quarter mile at 258 mph. In the first round, he ran a 5.70 to take the win light. The Powersource Transportation Team crossed the stripe first in the semi-finals, but a parts failure resulted in a wounded a motor, so they were forced to change motors in-between rounds. The Team pulled together, and with some help from Ethan Brown and Fred, the Team’s truck driver, they were able to make it back for the finals with time to spare. Unfortunately, after all their hard work, they were unable to pull off the victory.

“I can’t say enough about my crew. I remember a few years ago Dad said we would never be able to change a motor between rounds and now we get it done in plenty of time. They all work together and when I go back up there and strap in I know that they have all done their jobs and that we have a shot at winning. Today wasn’t our day, we are going to take some time off and regroup, and try to get this Powersource Transportation car in the winner’s circle next time,” said Snyder.

“This car runs really well. This is our second Spitzer Low Qualifier this year and that is something to really be proud of in a division as tough as we run. I can’t thank all the sponsors who help us throughout the year enough for their support; we couldn’t be out here doing this without their help.”

Quick Facts

• The Team, based out of DeMotte, Indiana, went to 4 final rounds last year and earned three wins including the Lucas Oil National event in Brainerd, MN and the Auto Club NHRA Finals in Pomona, CA.
  • Snyder ran his career best ET earlier this year in Gainesville, FL, 5.54.
  • With a 6th place finish in 2008, the second-generation driver earned his 4th Top 10 finish in the Lucas Oil National points standings in the last 5 years.
  • The Powersource Transportation Funny Car has qualified #1 in 4 events last season.
  • The Team has represented Division 3 in the prestigious Jeg’s All-Star race for three straight years.
  • The 16-year veteran of the sport currently runs the family owned business, Snyder Motorsports, which sells racing parts for Jr. Dragsters and full size race cars, including Lencodrive transmissions. He also is the President of McSnyder Designs.

The Snyder Motorsports Race Team would also like to thank their associate sponsors Lencodrive Racing Transmissions, R & R Racing Products, Flatout Gaskets, NGK, Lucas Oil, Snyder Auto, Long Printing, Goodson, Auto Meter, Jeg’s, The Winning Team, Spitzer Enterprises and VP Racing Fuels for their continued support this year.

Please visit the Snyder Motorsports official website at Snyder Motorsports.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back