Snowbird Nationals 2008 Pictures (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the pictures--the Cool Bus was...well...COOL!! Also thanks for the pretty jet car lady driver pictures:)

Thanks for the pictures--the Cool Bus was...well...COOL!! Also thanks for the pretty jet car lady driver pictures:)

That's Elaine Larsen, who has been doing the jet dragster thing for several years with help from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. She works a crowd as well as anyone I have seen. It is a shame our sport and the economy are such a mess now because she would be an excellent candidate for a TF or FC ride.

On another topic, that track, from a spectator's perspective, is a toilet.

Great pics.. but i was a little disapointed... only a couple pics of the baddest ride there... Mel Bush's 62 PM.. with Tommy D-Aprile driving....:D:D

but still great pics of all the rest.....

Billy

Last edited:
I usually go to this event also but missed this year. There are no nitro cars there but some of the alkys are nitro injected so you can get a bit of a fix!!!!:D

There were almost no alky cars this year either. Pretty sad state of affairs, but those that did show up were cool to see.

That's Elaine Larsen, who has been doing the jet dragster thing for several years with help from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University. She works a crowd as well as anyone I have seen. It is a shame our sport and the economy are such a mess now because she would be an excellent candidate for a TF or FC ride.

On another topic, that track, from a spectator's perspective, is a toilet.

Elaine Larsen is a bundle of energy, and charms folks of all ages! I make sure to stop by her pit area every year, just to watch her work. :)

I get the feeling that Lynn and Lisa love showing pics of Florida in December while the rest of us Freeze our Keester's off!:p;):eek:

What a great looking event. Looks like the old IHRA show. Ya know, I'd rather see a good show then see great racing anyday. I wish they had more events like this make the rounds up here in MN.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back