Sneak Peak at the New NHRA Game (1 Viewer)

one major fail, you cant play online with other racers. In todays world that is a major part of the experience, heck the old game we use to race at night w some of the professional drivers.

Last edited:
I was excited when I bought it for PC yesterday morning. Id love to give a review but unfortunately I haven't been able to play it because it doesn't support steering wheel/pedals. I don't have a video game controller for my PC and I damn sure am not gonna play it with my keyboard so Ill just wait and hope for a massive patch to fix issues.... :(
Dam, that means we are going to have to wait for your crash montage, I dont think you can get 4x's in the game but I am sure you are going to find ways.

Yeah. It really lacks the features that's core in today's gaming world. I'm just excited that we got a new game after 15 years. Just gonna grind career mode until I make the nitro ranks.

Seems very underwhelming to me. Played it for about an hour and put it away. Took me a bit to figure some things out control-wise. They’re missing many drivers, would’ve been nice to have all of the major names plus even some legends. Generic paint schemes on some of the cars was disappointing as well. Saw several glitches in the short time I played, I wondered how the quality control could miss so much. With the capabilities of next gen systems they could’ve really done this so much better, it feels like the old games from 15+ years ago were as good or even better.

Seems very underwhelming to me. Played it for about an hour and put it away. Took me a bit to figure some things out control-wise. They’re missing many drivers, would’ve been nice to have all of the major names plus even some legends. Generic paint schemes on some of the cars was disappointing as well. Saw several glitches in the short time I played, I wondered how the quality control could miss so much. With the capabilities of next gen systems they could’ve really done this so much better, it feels like the old games from 15+ years ago were as good or even better.
agreed....but its a good jumping off point if they are continuing with new games

I think you get to the point where you just need to release the game. Game players can play a very important in the improvement of the game, but if most just throw their hands up and say "f**k it". The game will go by the wayside. From what I can see, there's a lot of room for improvement and expansion.

Even a title like Gran Turismo has a ton of glitches and game play issues. To the point where you ask yourself..."how did they miss that"? They're constantly updating the game to fix problems.
They also add content to the game. Cars, courses and races. Most recently Watkins Glen. Licensing has to be a nightmare. However their livery editor is outstanding.

The target has to be kids. My boys are 10 and 11 and race JR Dragsters. They don’t care much about the tuning aspect. They just want to play their favorite drivers. Prock, Hight, Force, Torrence….It’s good enough for them. Graphics are nice, and the tracks look real. I’m disappointed for the more serious crowd. It’s a big step backwards from even the 90’s as far as game play goes. It’s obviously made by people that don’t know drag racing in even some of the simplest terms, and obviously nobody from the game company cared about any of that.

Game was released at $49.99 everywhere, yet pay a lot to go to a race and the NHRA rewards your loyalty by charging $69.99.😱

Dragging this old thread back up because I can't help but notice how silent the NHRA and the racers have been since this game was released.
When licensing your IP, I think there needs to be a certain amount of accountability for the product - and this was a terrible product. Given how huge sim racing is around the world (F1 even showcases virtual races), NHRA missed a huge opportunity to build their fanbase here.

Dragging this old thread back up because I can't help but notice how silent the NHRA and the racers have been since this game was released.
When licensing your IP, I think there needs to be a certain amount of accountability for the product - and this was a terrible product. Given how huge sim racing is around the world (F1 even showcases virtual races), NHRA missed a huge opportunity to build their fanbase here.
Last weekend I played it again for the first time since a week after it's release and only played for about a half hour or so. I think it is safe to say it has been a failure. It has its pluses but unfortunately those are way outweighed by the many shortfalls of the game. Like you said Luke, with e-racing gaining steam the NHRA has a shot to maybe break into that with this game and instead they went with someone who has had a history of making laughably bad games and did so with this game. I hope that when (hopefully not if) another game is made they (NHRA) goes with a different developer potentially Monster/704 Games who did Tony Stewart's dirt racing game along with some classic games of the past.

Definitely no replay value. Game feels lifeless and empty. I appreciate that they tried again but it was a miss. With quite a few Nascar people coming in, I'm hoping that their video game developers get interested. Even tho they've had their fair share of trouble late.

I'm not a gamer, however I would have purchased this game because I could use mindless distractions from time to time. I saw the release of the game and the horrible graphics and can't justify the price tag.

It's funny because I was sitting at the airport bored and was going through my phone and rediscovered the Dragster Mayhem I downloaded years ago. That free game from the Apple store has better graphics than this one. I don't know how anyone at NHRA signed off on this project.

Frankly, I'd be happy if the re-released the first ever NHRA game, the one with the Race Pak. I was cleaning up old boxes that hadn't been opened in easily 20 years and came across my tuning notebook. The old game was fun.

Frankly, I'd be happy if the re-released the first ever NHRA game, the one with the Race Pak. I was cleaning up old boxes that hadn't been opened in easily 20 years and came across my tuning notebook. The old game was fun.

I've got one right here in the drawer; haven't played it in years.

I've heard little good about the new NHRA game and it sounds like no actual professional driver was brought in as a consultant during the development stage. Unbelievable. Can't NHRA do ANYTHING right?!?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back