Small Block (1 Viewer)

For what reason? Every brand now has an exclusive block for PS. If there was an advantage to be had in the block, it would already be there, or maybe I should say it is already there.

Alan

What about an A/Fuel Dragster

They have those now, small-block unblown nitro dragsters, AKA Junior Fuel. The best of the best run low 7's @180, about what a good C/Altered car runs. Not much of a contest when the person in the other lane, with his/her 'big block' A/FD, is capable of running 100MPH faster and two seconds quicker than you are.

You could substitute the front line of the Pittsburgh Steelers with people who stand 5'8" and weigh 160 pounds, but Big Ben wouldn't fare too well. You get the idea.

Rick Santos and his dad ran one for a few years in TAD and pretty much dominated the class. But that was then, totally different class now days.

Allow the GM 427 cubic inch LS7 with EFI into Pro Stock, now that is a small block!

Swap that EFI for a couple of Dominators and have at it...they'll let ya...good luck...:)

Speaking of small blocks, GM will be releasing their revised 454CID LSX 'small block':rolleyes: engine this summer (a 750HP version, not the 620HP version available today), the most powerful crate engine they've ever offered. If I were building a really bad street car I'd have one of them sitting in it. They sold the first production engine at the 2011 Barrett-Jackson auction to Rick Hendrick, for $70,000. :eek:

I miss Rick Santos. :(

I have always looked at the 500CID P/S motor as a SBC in disguise. It is a short deck block and a big bore small stroke combination.

I think they need to leave PS alone. The truck wre where the real SBC's were. Juat imagine if guys like Patterson, Watters, and Panella we spending on SBC Technology today like they were befor NHRA dropped the ball on the trucks.

Today BBC's are into the 1000CID and more to come. If you ask me a 500 PS motor is basically a small block..

Just my $.02

Rich

He did, until enough people complained about his 5 consecutive Championships and the factor police slapped a 120-pound equalizer on him. He retired from racing soon after that.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back