Since American Idol and Drag Racing have crossed paths... (1 Viewer)

I'm the 1 American who absolutely cannot stand American Idol, and on a similar note, I'm enjoying my first year of boycotting all NASCAR TV race broadcasts.

Nope Steve B, there are two of us. I've seen 'dancing with wolves' once the first season taping it for the wife, could care less if Pottsie can dance or not, never seen Idol, nor any of the other you can be a star rip-offs/remakes.

oh, by the way, this is the fourth time a thread on this has been started, they're in the lounge people.

d'kid

Make it three people. I have never seen the American Idiot show and have no interest in ever watching it. I really enjoy music and I like to think I know what good singers are and what good music is. If that show set the standard for discovering talent, I doubt some of the great singers in this world would have ever been heard from. I think it's cool that this guy talked about his Drag Racing exploits. Hopefully it will create more interest in our sport. However, if this guy doesn't win, nobody will care what his hobbies are. Maybe NHRA should run some TV commercials during this show to help spread the word.

Dave

Simon Cowell replacing Paul Paige... now that would be kind of entertaining. He could critique every run and throw out insults the whole show.... :D

"What were you thinking coming here to run? That was awful; I've seen Pine Derby cars run better than that. My Grandmother could tune better than your crew chief. And I don't get your firesuit; I'd expect to see something like that in a circus side show. I certainly don't think you have what it takes to make it to the next round - and as for going to Indy... I vote NO"

I'm the 1 American who absolutely cannot stand American Idol,

No you're not. My reason for not watching has nothing to do with the talent or lack thereof, but rather, I hate to view anyone being humiliated on national TV. As I said in another thread, I hope for Simon's sake, that 'how he is', is an act for the show and that he isn't really that way in real life.

And despite my earlier post, let me go on record saying I hate that show as well. They found 3 has beens to be the judges. Have you noticed how every flippin reality show/contest since that one has to have a "hot" chick and rude guy with an English accent?

For every Simon Cowell wisecrack, I bet there are a 100 actors, actresses, singers, musicians and models that have been given the run around by some so called talent scout(or whatever). He's not a guidance councelor...he's a judge of talent...and a brutally honest one.

Trying to be successful in that industry is probably one of the hardest things you could ever try and do.

Last edited:
I have never watched any of these shows, I agree with Jackee, they are just shows that publically humiliate people for voyueristic entertainment. Mindless bread and circuses for the masses, American IQs are dropping each day these types of shows are on the air. That said any non street racing publicity we can get the better.

S/F
D

Last edited:
I could have joined the "never seen it and I hate it" bandwagon, but I saw it the last two weeks and was a bit surprised. There are some real talented people on there and in spite of Cowell's abrasiveness there is no walk of shame for the eliminated. The drag racing guy was cut today, but the exposure was still good for him.

vonB

I have never watched American Idol nor have I watched any Survivor show. I avoid those reality shows like they are the plague. I will admit to watching Iron Chef America because I love to see how great chefs prepare an ingredient in five different preparations.

I am far too busy with my volunteer work with the SPCA to spend much time in front of the TV but I make time to watch any NHRA telecast.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back