Shirley! (1 Viewer)

When an individual couples talent and hard work with humility they're easy to root for, no matter the profession. See: Tim Wilkerson. When talent and hard work are coupled with arrogance, well, you get the idea.

You could give Shirley a chance at this.
It's a children's charity, where 100% of funds go to the cause

Explain how? Really , I think it was nothing - but what we all do race to win.Many girls have given the public a better impression of drag racing other then the harshness she showed.
Sorry. I'M just a Don Garlits fan. I am also a big fan of women in motorsports,

I've had the chance to meet her a few times and she has always been gracious. Most people who are driven to win, also have that drive that sometimes can be taken for arrogance. I've been going to the races since the late sixties and have seen a few drivers go off on someone, didn't change my perception of them at all. Whether your a hater or a fan of Shirley's, you can't take away from her what she has accomplished and done for the sport of drag racing. This sport could use a few more drivers willing to say what they think, too much peace and love between them. Where is Whit Bazemore when you need him? Just my two cents worth.

Many racers out there today would love to have the fan base and the sponsors she has run off over the years.

I have no axe to grind here, but anyone considering donating to ANY charitable cause should educate themselves about how that charity is operated. Then you can feel good about what you and they are doing.
Unfortunately many wealthy and famous individuals get into the charity "business" on advice of accountants rather than good intentions. This detracts from the good work of many hard working individuals and well run organizations.
If you've ever seen one of those "Win a classic muscle car and a modern muscle car giveaways", you should read this article. It's reaaalllly looong, but quite the eye opener.
http://cironline.org/reports/part-1-dirty-secrets-worst-charities-4603

Rob Geiger is Shirley's PR rep, I highly doubt he would knowingly associate himself with any shady stuff.

Let's just wait until this Sunday, and see how this plays out.
This will the first time that the program is to be put into operation.

Only then can you judge it.

What???? The sport would be no different today if she never raced....

NHRA became household from the likes of Shirley Muldowney.
I personally think she was one of thethe single most important people in the history of motor racing, period.
I grew up in the late 60's through the 80's, and more people knew Shirley Muldowney, without even having a clue to what the NHRA was.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back