Shirley! (1 Viewer)

Gary

Nitro Member
She's Back!

From Facebook:

Iconic drag racing figure Shirley "Cha Cha" Muldowney will return to NHRA drag racing in 2016 at select stops on the schedule in support of the newly created Shirley's Kids charity.
‪#‎NHRA‬

Shirley Muldowney to return at select races in support of Shirley's Kids charity | Geiger Media...
upload_2016-3-9_21-10-15.png

More info here: http://geigermediaglobal.blogspot.com/2016/03/shirley-muldowney-to-return-at-select.html

"...a replica of Muldowney's 1977 championship-winning dragster, will be built to run in the Super Comp category and at bracket races."
Who is driving and maintaining the car?

The press release could have been a little more descriptive, unless I'm reading it incorrectly, she is not racing anything just "mingling with the fans".

I think the title of the press release "Shirley Muldowney to return...." is misleading.

In any event, it's always good when someone is blessed in life and uses their talent and goodwill to give back.

agreed!

this is typical of a lot of internet stories or reports. They sensationalize the heading just to get u to click. More than half the time the actual story isn't worthy of your time. Regarding the dragster, they are building, it definitely would be nice to see it compete in top dragster (not a super comp fan)

".

I think the title of the press release "Shirley Muldowney to return...." is misleading.

In any event, it's always good when someone is blessed in life and uses their talent and goodwill to give back.

Shirley may have had some talent but she always had very little goodwill. What talent she had was not limited to driving a dragster..or so I've been told by those who would know beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Full Disclosure: While I was a big fan of Shirley when she was clawing her way to the top of the sport, I've been less enamored as she just got cranky in later years. I'm also VERY skeptical of "charities" (I was initially very questioning of the "Make A Wish" deal <as it turns out, wonderful gesture by a selfless lady BTW>) or, in general "charities" where the benefactors see little of the proceeds.

My question on this one" What's the point"? The "mission" seems murkier that the press release.

I'm with Jim-former fan-trying to remember ANYTHING to do with Shirley that didn't end poorly or with bitterness + name calling. I never heard what happened with Doug Herberts Brakes program-and I probably don't want to either.

Full Disclosure: While I was a big fan of Shirley when she was clawing her way to the top of the sport, I've been less enamored as she just got cranky in later years. I'm also VERY skeptical of "charities" (I was initially very questioning of the "Make A Wish" deal <as it turns out, wonderful gesture by a selfless lady BTW>) or, in general "charities" where the benefactors see little of the proceeds.

My question on this one" What's the point"? The "mission" seems murkier that the press release.
Sell tee shirts?

Shirley may have had some talent but she always had very little goodwill. What talent she had was not limited to driving a dragster..or so I've been told by those who would know beyond a shadow of a doubt.
She will play nice for a while, but it will not last, it never does. How long until her website becomes a disaster like the NHRA website during the Geiger years?

I'll never forget the way I saw her snap at a Fan in Vegas like 10 years ago! I've never seen a Driver fly off the handle like that!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back