Shirley Muldowney return? (1 Viewer)

Lots of people drive nostalgia dragsters. Not very many campaign a 500MPH streamliner. That's the one I want to see make a pass.

Although I'd like to see this story come true. I question if it will happen, how many other times has Shirley had a good sounding plan. Only to have it fall apart.
I hope this time Shirley makes this happen.

Hey, I was a fan a Shirley when she was breaking barriers: not so much in subsequent years.

That said, I hope this DOES come together - We need more people out there and if Shirley hooks 'em, that's fine with me.

Obviously, I hope she can compete safely and well.

Oh yes, much more will be revealed, I'l just say if you aren't at the 60th US Nationals...............Well.

Is Doug's streamliner the same car Chet was building that Spike drove out at the Cali flats?

Although I'd like to see this story come true. I question if it will happen, how many other times has Shirley had a good sounding plan. Only to have it fall apart.
I hope this time Shirley makes this happen.

Hate to say it, but from what I've seen and heard from other people it was Shirley herself that caused a lot of those deals to fall through.

ETA: That said, I wouldn't mind seeing her in a nostalgia FC....

While we are on the subject, check out the photo's of Helio Castronevas in The Shirley Muldowney top fuel car at AAA Auto Clubs employee car show last month.

http://twitter.com/h3lio/status/358...campaign=h3lio&utm_content=358739885999390720

Thats Tom McKernan, Dave Mandella, Me, and My son Trey behind the car just before I hit the switch.

Helio had never sat in a dragster before this, so I gave Him the real thril with a full load of nitro and Huge throttle whacks.

I'll se if we can get some video of it up here, Its on Trey's facebook page.

Last edited:
Would love to Shirley drive anything fast again. She's got nothing to prove. Selfishly, I just miss seeing her race. Really, really hoping for an ETown date for the F/C.

Would love to Shirley drive anything fast again. She's got nothing to prove. Selfishly, I just miss seeing her race. Really, really hoping for an ETown date for the F/C.

She is truly one of the greats, Like Garlits, Snake, Pulde or Ongias, just awsome to have seen drivers like them bring a car to the line.

I feel like one way or Another RP will get her booked, regardless if it's the Summernationals, their Thrill Show or the Funny Car Reunion.

You know when She did her last event at Pomona with Conrads deal it was pretty emotional.

My wife Kim was so upset she cried, Shirley put her arms around Kim gave her a huge hug, it was pretty emotional to see.

Now a few years later Kim is in the seat cackling one of Shirley's cars.
And we will have the Dave Mandella owned Shirley Muldowney car at Bellflower blvd show Saturday, and at an event in Corrona Sunday for Wounded Warriors.

If you are in the area stop by.

Last edited:
Still one of the best events I`ve ever attended. Almost felt sorry for her when Cory knoced her out. She was right there with him

I was there also, it was memorable one. Little did we know at the time, but that race was also Berntein's last victory. FC final was also interesting when Del red lighted to hand the victory over to Cory Lee who then hands the victory back to Del after he crossed the center line.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back