Shakedown at ETown! (1 Viewer)

I love Pro Mods. I wish the NHRA had them. I used to watch them at Norwalk back in the IHRA days. Those are some hairy cars. Very beautiful paint jobs too. Watch out for the nitrous explosions though. :eek:

Leebone

The air was great.
The track did a very good job.
Cannon runs a screw blower.
Glidden beat Lynch.
Scott Philkens (sp?) tried to knock the wall down at the top end with his GTO Pro Mod. Walked away and we saw him later that evening, sore but otherwise uninjured.
Lot's of cars.
Lot's of representation from Al-Anabie.
Lot's of folks trying to rotate the earth....:p

Filkins. And he wrecked because his left rear tire blew apart for some reason. Viddyou.com: Filkins Wreck

Wow, that was a NASTY wreck, I'm thankful Scott's OK after that. It reminded me of Whit's tire explosion at New England Dragway many many years ago.

Accident aside, I wonder what the run would have been if the car didn't hesitate of the line so badly - you can see the butterflies open and the car doesn't move for what seems like a 1/2 second. Not saying the car would have run 1/2 second faster, but something was surely amiss in the tuneup.

Wow, that was a NASTY wreck, I'm thankful Scott's OK after that. It reminded me of Whit's tire explosion at New England Dragway many many years ago.

Accident aside, I wonder what the run would have been if the car didn't hesitate of the line so badly - you can see the butterflies open and the car doesn't move for what seems like a 1/2 second. Not saying the car would have run 1/2 second faster, but something was surely amiss in the tuneup.

Some pro mods run a 2 step now- kind of like pro stock. They can leave with their foot to the floor (butterflies open) and the RPM at launch is pre-set.

That was ONE NASTY CRASH and I am glad to see he was ok.

That is the ex-Skull Gear Scotty Cannon GTO built by VP.

there wasn't hesitation. he puts it on the 2-step before it launches.

Events like this make me wish I still lived in the Northeast. Sounds like it was a great weekend of racing in E-Town.

I don't think that was the issue Brian... More like coming up on the "R"'s before dumping the clutch...It left pretty hard, and was headed on a nice pass. That was a wicked accident, and a very hard hit on the drivers side. Very glad he was ok.

How's Halsey's consistency in his nitrous pro mod...

5.966, 5.983, 5.958, and then a 5.959 @ 240.72

AWESOME!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back