sex offender location website (1 Viewer)

ProStockJunkie

Nitro Member
This is interesting and thought I would pass it on FYI:

National Sex Offender Registry

When you visit this site you can enter your address and a map will pop up with your house as the small icon of a house and red, blue, green dots surrounding your entire neighborhood. When you click on these dots a picture of a person will appear with an address and the description of the crime he or she had committed. I was really shocked at how many of these people were in my neighborhood. The best thing is that you can show your children pictures and se e how close these people live to your home or school. This sit e was developed by John Walsh from Americas Most Wanted; another tool to help us keep our kids safe. Please pass on to anyone who has families.

´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>. ·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·. ><((((º>

I really like the site but it does have its issues.....What about a site for murderers who have been paroled?
Its strange...a murderer could do their time in prison and move next door and you'd never know it but a sex offender does his/her time and he/she is labeled for life....Our system needs to be addressed....

I understand Terry. As far as I know, murderers do not have to register with the town they move to after parole. Sex offenders do. That's why this site only deals with them.

I am not sure of the stats of murders but sex offenders are very likely to re-offend. That is why there is a bigger out cry as to list them publicly. Also I am sure it is available somewhere on the site but this site does not list all offenders. At least in MA there are 3 levels of sex offenders, 1 to 3. Level 1 being the least likely to re-offend and 3 is the worst. Level 1 offenders are not listed online, I believe you can only get that infomation from the lcoal police department. Level 2 and 3 are listed online.

My son-in-law got a position teaching at a university in Southern California and they selected a house they could barely afford to raise their family. Four months after moving in the sex offenders were required to be registered and posted publicly as Jackee's website shows. Much to their dismay, they discovered that their next door neighbor was a multiple offender of small children. They have never once been able to let their children play outside since and it's been four years so far. They will never purchase another house without the extensive use of this type site again.

I've taken customer's off my mailing list because of their presence on this list. I have my brothers' and sisters' kids running around my shop, it may cost me a couple customers, but it can save a life, IMO

I checked it out. None on my street, but 6 within a mile. They were all green, the "other" classification of offense. That makes me wonder, as I've read that some convictions that fall into that classification include getting popped for indecent (or insufficient) exposure for taking a leak on the side of the road. To find the exact green offense, you have to pay for the information.

I think such an system is a very good thing, but I also think there could be some people identified in it that don't belong there.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back