Seriously Now? Legend Cars? (1 Viewer)

175 MPH.
The top speed at Infineon Raceway the last time they hosted the Road Race Nationals.
That's pretty fast for 130 rwhp.

This is how a legend body should be used.

tuc05.jpg

I say HELLZ YEAH TO THIS ONE KEV!

175 MPH.
The top speed at Infineon Raceway the last time they hosted the Road Race Nationals.
That's pretty fast for 130 rwhp.
Not a chance in hell they were going that fast. Its not physiclly possibly with the gearing you can get for the car. With a 2:50 rear (thet highest made and pretty rare), on paper that works out to 139 at 10,500. Thats on paper-I dont think you could get them near that fast at Bonneville-and I wouldn't think about going that fast on a 73
inch wheelbase. :eek:

Not a chance in hell they were going that fast. Its not physiclly possibly with the gearing you can get for the car. With a 2:50 rear (thet highest made and pretty rare), on paper that works out to 139 at 10,500. Thats on paper-I dont think you could get them near that fast at Bonneville-and I wouldn't think about going that fast on a 73
inch wheelbase. :eek:

I was told this by several people that did it, but I wasn't there.

I did see myself 180 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on the big track. The car was on slicks and was one of the older mild steel frames. I grant you this, if it crashed, it would have been ugly. A local (Vegas) bike hopup shop had different ignition boxes with higher rpm rev limiters. We always ran legal, but I guess half the field ran them, tech was rather lax. The car I worked on won the Nevada/Arizona Pro Championship the one year we tried for it.

Your gonna have to show me a radar reading --or show me the math for that. :confused: A few hundred extra rpm ain't gonna do it. I didn't have any mandated rpm limit when i ran Yammies in my car-nature has it own way of finding limits.

A legend car would not run 9s. The FJ Yamaha that the motor comes out of would be hard pressed to run a 9, and it weighs almost half what the car does.

175 mph. Not a chance. Take the rev limiter clear out and it wouldn't get close.

The legend car was a rip off of the dwarf car.with fenders added and a spec stock Yamaha FJ1200 engine.

Dwarf cars are faster because they can have modified engines, depending on the sanctions.

I don't think any of these cars were designed to get upside down at 100+ on pavement.

I drove one of those Legends cars at Charlotte a few years back, on a 1/5 mile oval, behind the Speedway. That's 10 laps of adventure anyone would enjoy. I think they'd be a hoot for sportsman racing on a drag strip, whether it was ¼ mile, or 1/8th. Wish I could afford one.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back