Scott Palmers new Jeffers ProMod to test soon! (1 Viewer)

turbo ken

Nitro Member
For those not on facebook.
abd17e09-048d-484e-aacc-dbe786bb00ed_zpsakj0vill.jpg

If you are on facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...92929079.18753.100000366083228&type=3&theater

Scott and Ashley are running both NHRA and LODBRS (drag boats) again this year, I was hoping they'd find some time to get back to this project.

a rigid chassis same as a FC?.......starting to wonder about how fast suspension chassis are going.......(see wj thread).

somebody measure the headers on that thing, they look a little wide :D;)

a rigid chassis same as a FC?.......starting to wonder about how fast suspension chassis are going.......(see wj thread).

Might be a stupid question, but what dictates what type of car does and does not use a suspension chassis? In other words, since this is a one off deal and (I assume) there is no rule book to follow, what is the benefit in putting a fuel motor in a suspension chassis?

John, there's a big difference in having some coin, enough to have toys, and having enough to fund a fuel car for a season or even a partial season. And who ever knows how much someone has, more importantly, it's their business as to how they spend it. It's just cool that there are privateers like Scott out there. Building these cars isn't the unaffordable part, it's feeding them.

My point is most on here whine and cry about the little guys don't have the money to stay on the circuit. The underfunded are generally the ones that are doing it for the love of the game. They are little guys because the generally want to be. Not saying they don't want to win, I'm saying they have other priorities, interests, etc. and winning or running the full circuit is not their main objective. Do you really think some of these guys care if they win or lose? They just want to play the game on their terms.

John, there's a big difference in having some coin, enough to have toys, and having enough to fund a fuel car for a season or even a partial season.

I'm guessing that this car will make money from bookings (not sure what kind of track will let it run). Book a top fuel dragster that looks just like every other one, or book a one of a kind doorslammer with a fuel motor? No brainer. That thing is bad ass.

Scott's pretty tight with ORP and I think Tulsa as well, so I'd expect to see Studezilla at one or both tracks at some point.

A few quotes from the Facebook post.......

"This car is just a challenge.... We have no plans of racing it in any class ..... We're just gonna do some badass burn outs, spray fire over the roof and show off ..... If it runs fast that will be a bonus , but it will take a while to figure it out"
-Scott Palmer

"First time, we're just testing it. It may "scratch" itself the first hit.... We're just trying to make it leave the line. Its gonna be wild"
-Scott Palmer

"We had some sponsor deals come up for the dragster and Top Fuel Hydro so it got pushed back in the corner.... But it's time to do it"
-Scott Palmer

"This thing won't be beside anyone til it goes 100 ft..... And that may never happen , well see"
-Scott Palmer

That thing is going to be badass! :D

"5 disc with aft clutch management, slide valve , 100 gll pump , setback manifold, billet blower.... 12 in Chrisman rear end ....Exactly what we run in the dragster"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back