Great Mark Rebilas Photo (1 Viewer)

That is an awesome shot... Ranks up there with his shot of Hagan at the finals last year. Raw emotion

Nice one Carl.

Mark, imo, is one of the better ones out there for sure..whether it's sports or racing, the guy has got it!

Nice to see him attending more drag races this year.

Nice one Carl.

Mark, imo, is one of the better ones out there for sure..whether it's sports or racing, the guy has got it!

Nice to see him attending more drag races this year.

I really like Mark's shots. He has a lot of different angles and views. Always look forward to what he produces.

Looks like a Broadway performance!

Wouldn't it be more off Broadway, a little pi--ed he didn't get down Broadway and that the show was going to go on without him?

And it could be a trail of P under the car, and the car is still Pi--ing.

These statements are made in jest, I feel for Brian and his team, they run a 4.29 Friday and don't get into the show because of the qualifying rules.

I think Mark is capturing the same intensity and emotion Steve Reyes used to when he was actively photographing drag racing.

I feel for Brian and his team, they run a 4.29 Friday and don't get into the show because of the qualifying rules.

Actually Virgil, he ran a 4.19 on Friday rather than a 4.29, and would have been in the show easily if not for the 12 car cutoff on Friday. That was a very good run to get thrown out. I can feel Brian's frustration. :mad:

Actually Virgil, he ran a 4.19 on Friday rather than a 4.29, and would have been in the show easily if not for the 12 car cutoff on Friday. That was a very good run to get thrown out. I can feel Brian's frustration. :mad:

The 12 spot cutoff on Friday's was suppose to help the Low Buck racers. It sure hurts a lot of them as well!:confused:

The 12 spot cutoff on Friday's was suppose to help the Low Buck racers. It sure hurts a lot of them as well!:confused:

Joe, that's the conundrum of it all. Even though it keeps 4 spots open for Saturday qualifying, if Friday's 2nd session (or 1st) were the best conditions of the weekend, then a good number like Brian's 4.19 ET goes to waste. I guess either way someone gets screwed. Just hate when it is a lower buck team that gets squeezed out.

Keeping 4 spots open for Saturday is OK but Thiel's 4.19 should count. He ran 4.19 during one of the qualifiers; why shouldn't it count? If 16 others beat that time, he's out. If not, he should be in. What day he ran it shouldn't matter.

This is a confusing rule that has as much downside as it does upside.

The rule is not confusing.

The Saturday sessions are part of the show for the paying spectators. If they didn't leave 4 open, the fields would be set on Friday night, and no one would waste the money to try to get in on Saturday.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back