Scoreboard-bump spot (2 Viewers)

NITRO JUNKIE

Nitro Member
I've been thinking about this for a while...

As we all know when there is a bump spot the scoreboard reads whatever the bump spot is, but I have an idea. When the cars that are already qualified are running, why not show the #1 qualifier time on the scoreboard? Or better yet. When the cars that are on the bottom half of the sheet are running, put up whatever #8 is. Then when the top half cars are running then show #1. Instead of keeping #16 up the whole time. I know that could be confusing for new fans, just a thought.

That would be a mess. Q3 in particular. You could have cars deep in the field run before somebody not in the show, and that number on the scoreboard could be bouncing all around up and down. It would be confusing to have it change run to run, session to session.
Good point, didn't think of that!

I'd like to see a separate scoreboard with everyone's current qualifying position on it and update it as the qualifying session moves along.
This.

And I know people cringe with the stick and ball comparisons, but something akin to baseball where there is meaningful information on the board whether it's about the driver or, as Tony said, the current qualifying positions.

I've been waiting for the day where a track installs or NHRA brings the mobile screen and
1) has it in a better location for all to see
2) has more details like this pre/post run.

I personally wish they would show who's not qualified on the tv broadcast. They used to post it. Some are independent racers who are trying their best. They get zero tv time or mentioned.

I personally wish they would show who's not qualified on the tv broadcast. They used to post it. Some are independent racers who are trying their best. They get zero tv time or mentioned.
That requires more than 16 cars attempting to qualify for that class.

That requires more than 16 cars attempting to qualify for that class.
or in the case of the very important playoff race just held at 'taj mahal' zmax dragway, that would require at least 2 more FC's to even get to 16

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back