School's Back in session..Kloeber's Lesson Three (1 Viewer)

StarLink Now $299

I'd like to learn about the "stovepipe".
Can you get professor K. to expound on this?

I'd like to learn about the "stovepipe".
Can you get professor K. to expound on this?

The stovepipes are for the alcohol cars only. When IHRA had alcohol funny car they did not need stovepipes because they had roots blowers. However, with the PSI screw blower on the NHRA alcohol funny cars it's needed to relieve the pressure since there is a burst panel in the rear of the supercharger. When the Whipple was run there wasn't a need for the stovepipe because the burst panel was only in the front of the supercharger. The stovepipe can either be made of steel, aluminum, or carbon fiber and needs to have a fireproof coating on the inside. The stovepipe attaches to an opening in the firewall directly behind the engine about 1/2 way up the firewall. Hope this helps, maybe Randy Goodwin can add anything I missed.

I love nitro tech from writers that know their stuff.

One other thing about Kloeber is that he can explain stuff so well he should consider becoming a teacher or professor.

teaching effectively is an incredible gift!

now...off to the link!

-90%

Mike's articles are great. Is he currently working on anyone's team?

Mike is top shelf material who can tune a fuel car w/ the best of them.
After spending the entire weekend w/ him in Vegas I was over-impressed w/ his knowledge, experience, attitude and his patience in the world of fuel racing. He has high expectations and expects the best....

Very good info.

The story needs to be edited though, I thought I had deja vu when I read two different paragraphs twice.

Surely that cant be all of the articles , surely there are more ? and what happened to the Shirley articles she wrote one and that was a couple of months ago ?

Surely that cant be all of the articles , surely there are more ? and what happened to the Shirley articles she wrote one and that was a couple of months ago ?
William, our columns are usually monthly based, however we take time to ensure all that is printed is solidly edited (for format, being accurate, grammer and style) and people like myself, Mike and Shirley are not professional writers- yet. Bobby and Stan do a great job teaching us the fine art of AP Stylebook writing style. We are very glad your learning something from the articles at Competitionplus.com. I am too.

William, our columns are usually monthly based, however we take time to ensure all that is printed is solidly edited (for format, being accurate, grammer and style) and people like myself, Mike and Shirley are not professional writers- yet. Bobby and Stan do a great job teaching us the fine art of AP Stylebook writing style. We are very glad your learning something from the articles at Competitionplus.com. I am too.

I understand , was just worried there wouldnt be any more articles.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back