Savoie To Run A Suzuki And A Buell (1 Viewer)

Was looking at the entry list for Gainesville and this is what is listed for Savoie:

# & Class: 8 PSM
Driver: Gerald Savoie
Hometown: Cut Off LA
Make: '85 Buell
Engine: AJ 107
Entry: SAVOIE'S ALLIGATOR FARM

An '85 Buell? And has Alan Johnson started making motorcycle engines?

Patrick.....Please, no more uneducated arguing about the "Harley" V-RODS !!!.....I think what people are saying is that everyone has a right to buy the same or comparible parts for any motor.....All Suzuki's have to have all the parts available to anyone who wants them, All Buell's have to have all the parts available to anyone who wants them.....BUT NO ONE CAN BUY ANY OF THE V-ROD PARTS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO ANYONE !!!.....That "Harley" motor wasn't even designed by Harley Davidson and NO Harley ever put on sale to the public has ever had that motor in it.....That is a very expensive one off out and out racing motor that no one with any amount of money can buy, lease or what have you.....Yes, I am also a long time Terry Vance and Byron Hines follower and yes I have talked to both of them quite a bit through the years.....They DO know how to make bikes go fast !!!......Not trying to be argumentitive on this, but just trying to put some facts out there.........................E

I understand that but the class has parity for 1 and 2, why should it be made availiable? That's there magic. It's just like every pro-stock guy covering the carb and tf teams hiding the clutch. They are playing within the rules and call me wrong cause I don't see it the same way you guys do, but drag racing always turns sour with rule breaking, bending, cheating accusations whenever a team is "really good". How many people called Glidden a cheater, or AA Dale, or Greg Anderson, even Coil? These guys made their careers dominating and the guys that are paid to go fast are going to keep finding ways to stay ahead of the rules curve. Who says that V & H has to show what they have or sell it? If the business world ran that way there would hardly be any successful businesses if they had to give other companies the secret recipes of what makes that dominate.

Is PSM, Pro-mod, TAD or TAFC perfect? There alot better than they were and this is once of the few places I trust NHRA.

..................How many people called Glidden a cheater, or AA Dale, or Greg Anderson, even Coil?................
The BIG difference is that anyone could have bought the same engines and equipment as Glidden, AA Dale, Greg Anderson and even Coil. V&H are the ONLY team I've ever seen in NHRA racing that are allowed to run something that no other team can have.

Should they have allowed Force to build his own engine like he wanted to do years ago, and ONLY his team allowed to run them?:rolleyes:

The BIG difference is that anyone could have bought the same engines and equipment as Glidden, AA Dale, Greg Anderson and even Coil. V&H are the ONLY team I've ever seen in NHRA racing that are allowed to run something that no other team can have.

Should they have allowed Force to build his own engine like he wanted to do years ago, and ONLY his team allowed to run them?:rolleyes:

Don't you have that now with the BOSS 500 motor if I am not wrong? You also can't buy DSR Heads, or a DSR chassis.

Don't you have that now with the BOSS 500 motor if I am not wrong? You also can't buy DSR Heads, or a DSR chassis.

Patrick, there is a huge difference here.

In TF/FC, anybody can make their own proprietary heads and blocks if they wish, as long as they fit the basic rules for bore spacing, etc.

In PSM there is only one team that is allowed to make their own proprietary heads and block, the Harley team. All the other teams are restricted to using specific purchased heads and blocks as starting point, and can only use those heads/blocks.

Its a huge advantage for the Harley team, I've never understood why the NHRA has allowed it, its definitely not a level playing field.

awjeez.jpg

I have to hand it to V&H. They have done their homework. They asked NHRA for four vavles per head and overhead cams. They were running two vavle heads and side case cams with push rods about three years ago. NHRA gave them permission in writing for the new heads and cams. The Buell guys asked for the same thing and was told no by NHRA tech dept. The thing about four vavles and over head cams are that they make more power than the two vavle heads and side case cams with push rods. If NHRA would have left the rules alone three years ago all the bikes would be on a level playing field. This way nobody could ***** about the rules. By the way Andrew, Eddie, and the whole V&H crew are great people and I am glad to know them.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back