Savoie To Run A Suzuki And A Buell (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
I find this odd. If they can make the best of what bike works best with what weather they may have a leg up as this is quite a different gameplan to be # 1, but I'm going with my gut and my gut just tells me to be # 1 you have to master 1 bike. Now you're gonna add one? I think they could open a whole can of worms that derails the entire program.

In the past, a couple of TAD teams ran a blown car at some of the hot tracks and an A/Fueler at the better tracks.

In the past, a couple of TAD teams ran a blown car at some of the hot tracks and an A/Fueler at the better tracks.

now that i think about it i do remember this practice. Can't seem to remember if it worked tho. One place I see this working is Denver. Maybe the entire PSM field should just switch to buell's since they always dominate the most there with the v-rod's with the rpm's they can get up there.

Thanks Rick!

Definitely an interesting approach and I could see how having the two bikes for different atmospheric conditions would be beneficial. Time will tell if it was a good plan or not....regardless, I wish him and his team luck!

This is a pretty wild approach, can you imagine someone doing that in Pro Stock car, a Ford at some races and a Chevy at others?

I guess with the minimal factory support provided these days there's not much reason not to do this if it helps you win a championship.

Last edited:
He must realize that if he gets either of the bikes to consistantly outrun the Harleys there will be a rules change to let the Harleys get back in control.
I suspect Mr. Savoie is in for some serious frustration this season.:(

He must realize that if he gets either of the bikes to consistantly outrun the Harleys there will be a rules change to let the Harleys get back in control.
I suspect Mr. Savoie is in for some serious frustration this season.:(

You guys are pretty sold on the Harley teams getting the NHRA to make the class where they are # 1. I'm tired of it, why can't they just be good? I hate it in drag racing where if any team runs really good especially in pro stock or bike, they must be cheating. So you want them to make the class where the v-rods just can't be competitive cause they can't adapt to the rules? Wake up! They have money, they are good, it's not because all the Vance and Hines experience of knowing how to make bikes run will since 1986? No of course not.

Last edited:
Hey Patrick- Wake up buddy. That's exactly what they did. NHRA let Harley change it all so they could get the advantage. The AMA wouldn't change the rules so HD could be competitive in roadracing, so they bought the NHRA. You obviously don't pay attention or read a rule book.

Hey Patrick- Wake up buddy. That's exactly what they did. NHRA let Harley change it all so they could get the advantage. The AMA wouldn't change the rules so HD could be competitive in roadracing, so they bought the NHRA. You obviously don't pay attention or read a rule book.
Gee-Harley should get their money back. Them know-nothings over at Vance+ Hines let some rookie kid steal the championship from them in 2010-and came with 1 1/2 rounds of having it happen again this year! Too bad they can't control everyones clutch fingers. :rolleyes:
So-if Harley went away tomorrow-and V+H had sponsorship money behind them-and came back with 2 Suzukis-how long before you think till they won a race? Qualified #1? Qualified 1+2? Won a championship going down to the wire? These guys were at the top of the field long before HD was cutting the check.
The Harleys break-they spin the tire-Hines + Krawic come off the line 2nd. It happens. Last season was FAR from domination.
I hate how much they were able to get in the rules-but I'm tired of losing sleep over it. Thers still is plenty of good racing in the field.
Back on subject: Mark P.-is there a game plan? At Denver + X+Y+Z the Buell and the others Suzuki?

I own a rulebook. I'm not gonna be a part of any conspiracy you think there is. They are not dominating, they shown that they can be beatable and have been. John, I guess I should ask you how big was Gary's check to Byron to let his rookie son win the title? Implying that the NHRA runs PSM like the made up WWE is foolish. I am not one to credit the NHRA, but when it comes to crediting the NHRA they do a good job with PSM. Or should I say i guess NHRA and Hines's write a good script with the NHRA on when to redlight and when to spin the tire and when to be late. Give me a break, ain't buying it.

What makes the harley team any different from Alan Johnson? 1. They are excellent at what they do. 2. Teams get to use their stuff just like AJPE 3. Whatever rules the NHRA puts on the class they have smart guys who can excel until the next rule is made. There not breaking or bending rules, they just adapt and excel at a much faster pace. That's all your seeing. It's not sanctioned cheating. If half the class stopped *****in about what they got and just worked on winning they may actually win. Can I put the last nail in your coffin? Stop looking at the stupid countdown and realize like my book will feature, the countdown has helped them alot, but real true looks into the round wins and numbers tell you that they have hardly been running away with it.

Last edited:
Teams get to use their stuff just like AJPE 3.
Right there is where you're absolutely wrong! Nobody but Vance & Hines can run the V-Rod. Only V&H has those engines and they will not make them available to anybody else at any price. I highly suggest you do a search here on this forum for what George Bryce has had to say about this BS situation.

Last edited:
Right there is where you're absolutely wrong! Nobody but Vance & Hines can run the V-Rod. Only 2 teams have those engines and V&H will not make them available to anybody else. I highly suggest you do a search here on this forum for what George Bryce has had to say about this BS situation.

I thought we attacked this just months ago? Savoie was the one crying there too. See, he grew up. He's thinking of ways to win other than crying about it. Enough of their stuff is availiable. What do you expect them to do? Turn over every single winning secret? That would be like asking Austin Coil to share all the 90's innovation he came up with with the entire class before trying it out on their own car. They are just damn good. If they are cheating by having the rulebook always on there side, then why the hell does anyone compete? So your ok with disrepecting everyone else in the class cause if I saw it the way you guys painted the picture, anyone not v-rod that wins only won cause Byron said ok let them have it?

They run 16 races a year, I want 16 wins, yep that's 64-0 on sunday, 16 # 1 qualifiers, and then maybe i'll agree. Maybe the NHRA should just make you guys happen and throw 100 pounds on em and make them as uncompetitive as they were in 99.

Patrick, you have no clue....Yes, V&H are pretty smart fellas. That's no secret. I have been a fan of theirs for many a decade and sold lots of their parts to customers over the years. But the rules have been skewed into their favor.

The V-rods have an advantage, obviously, the fact they don't dominate speaks to the difficulty of the class. Great Bikes on good runs get beat by good bikes on great runs quite often.

Much like Pro Stock, the 6 best drivers aren't in the 6 best cars, or on the 6 best bikes...that's what makes it interesting, and keeps me glued to the action.

Much like Pro Stock, the 6 best drivers aren't in the 6 best cars, or on the 6 best bikes...that's what makes it interesting, and keeps me glued to the action.

That's Parity Right There! There is only one solution to stop finger pointing in all these common classes PSM, PM, AFD, AFC and that is to only allow one bike/car type and one motor type, that's the only way this will ever stop. I don't see how the NHRA has done a horrible job. There is parity.

Didn't they do that back in the pro comp days. I know its been stated that Dale Armstrong and others used to show up with two cars (dragster and funny car) and would race which ever one had the better weight break on the day.

Patrick.....Please, no more uneducated arguing about the "Harley" V-RODS !!!.....I think what people are saying is that everyone has a right to buy the same or comparible parts for any motor.....All Suzuki's have to have all the parts available to anyone who wants them, All Buell's have to have all the parts available to anyone who wants them.....BUT NO ONE CAN BUY ANY OF THE V-ROD PARTS BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE TO ANYONE !!!.....That "Harley" motor wasn't even designed by Harley Davidson and NO Harley ever put on sale to the public has ever had that motor in it.....That is a very expensive one off out and out racing motor that no one with any amount of money can buy, lease or what have you.....Yes, I am also a long time Terry Vance and Byron Hines follower and yes I have talked to both of them quite a bit through the years.....They DO know how to make bikes go fast !!!......Not trying to be argumentitive on this, but just trying to put some facts out there.........................E

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back