Santa Pod FIA Final Photos (1 Viewer)

Surfer Ed

Nitro Member
S14-XL.jpg

I have some photos from an excellent race in England. While somewhat clouded by the Tommy Johnson Jr controversy, the on the track action featured some great racing, interesting cars, full quater mile nitro racing, great people.

Santa Pod FIA Finals 2011 - SurfPhotoNH's Photos | SmugMug.

The racing shots are great, but I really like the Surf shots. Being a (not so much anymore because there't too many people out there these days) spoiled California boy, I think I may want to take a surf trip to the NE.

The Wounded Worriors program looks like a fun day. :)

Beautiful photography, Ed.
What am I looking at here? Are the injector openings are covered?

F07-L.jpg

Gino: Thanks for the kind words

Paul: Thats Dennis Habermann from Gremany, he has some sort of fiberglass extension attached to the conventional bug catcher injectors.

i-2vDNccJ-XL.jpg

Aaaahhhhhh. I see it now. A sponsor logo would fit nice right in there. $$$ :D
thanx again.

Exceptional photo:
L03-XL.jpg

If I'm not all mistaken, that's Peters 5.88 run where he was blown into the barrier after the fiinish line. The sparks says it all. It went well, some damage to the right side of the body of the bike and of course some grinding of the lower frame when wrestling the bike back into the lane.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Last edited:
Yes Pippi That was Peter's amazing run. I was at the top end obviously and wish I could have heard your commentary regarding that run but there are no PA speakers up there.

Yes Pippi That was Peter's amazing run. I was at the top end obviously and wish I could have heard your commentary regarding that run but there are no PA speakers up there.
Hehe, it was after the crest so we didn't see that part of the run. I did not know about until I went to the pits.

The run itself was one of those moments that happens once or twice per season for commentators where you really have to think about what you see on the boards and double check it to be sure. I instinctively saw a 5.98 first and got speechless when I understood what it was. We all knew they had in the bike but I did not really expect it right then due to the tricky track.

Again, excellent photography in all.

Regards
PiPPi
http://HarleyDrags.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back