Hockenheim NitrOlympix (1 Viewer)

Surfer Ed

Nitro Member
Hockenheim NitrOlympX

974102881_J7F6f-M.jpg

A few my photos from last weekends action at the NitrOlympX in Hockenheim Germany are posted at:

Hockenheim 2010 - SurfPhotoNH's Photos | SmugMug

Hockenheim’s NitrOlympX is an amazing event any drag racing fan should consider attending. In addition to excellent FIA pro classes, including Top Fuel quarter mile racing, and very interesting sportsman action from several countries, they have what they call the "Night Show" on Saturday evening that has to be seen to be believed: Nitro cars match racing, rocket powered funny car, jet powered bike, amazing fire guy, etc.

The German fans are increadable, loudly cheering and sounding air horns at anything exciting, even an on track appearance of their Safety Safari's VW bus.

Melanie Troxel represented the US well with a 6.00 ET track record in Pro Mod.

Last edited:
Ed, once again Man great stuff! You wouldn't know that is a race in Europe with all those American cars! You coming to Indy there Ed?

I would love to go to der Hockenheimring, even though they completely emasculated the circuit by eliminating the long blast through the black forest. Guess that's not a problem for drag racing though!

At Vegas 1 this year, I actually asked Brady Kalivoda (who was just wandering the pits like a regular dude) about the Hockenheim race he did a few years ago. After getting over the initial shock that I knew he went, he went on for a strong 10 minutes about what a great event, fans and facility it was. He said he would definitely do it again given the opportunity.

RIP Jim Clark, 2 time World Driving Champion, 1965 Indy 500 Champion, Hockenheimring, April 7, 1968,

Thanks for the compliments guys

Joe: I can't make Indy this year FIA finals at Santa Pod England instead, see you in Pomona?

Gino: That Gull Wing was awesome, great piece of engineering, ran well also

Chris: You are correct, the Formula races no longer go through the forest, and the memorial plaque for Jim Clark is now out there in the middle of nowhere.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back