New England Dragway Divisional Meet (1 Viewer)

Surfer Ed

Nitro Member
An excellent day of drag racing yesterday at Epping NH. Great weather, great air, great traction. Some great runs, lots of tire shake in all classes.

some photos at:

New England Dragway 7-20-2012 - SurfPhotoNH's Photos | SmugMug.

TireShake-XL.jpg

Ed, Any word on the 2 injured people ? I did see the new 4 foot tall straight walls installed today around the starters box.

Awesome stuff Ed!! Just got back from the track, I ended up going back for Saturday eliminations. Great to see you again!

Ed, Any word on the 2 injured people ? I did see the new 4 foot tall straight walls installed today around the starters box.

I hope everyone is alright. That was a bit scary. Too bad that Dave Hughes banged up his car, that's a bad hot rod. (A/A Nat'l speed/ET record holder)

It was a scary, freak occurence for sure. I was in the next pair behind in the opposite lane. 2 people that I know of got hit by debris. One was a minor injury to someone I know, to what looked like the neck area. The other was more serious, and apparently another racer. When I looked over at him, it was obvious the injury was severe based on how badly he was bleeding in the facial area. The EMT's were there quickly and got him transported. The last I had heard, although unconfirmed, is that he was taken to Boston for reconstructive surgery. I really hope that things turn out OK for him. The cleanup took the better part of 30 minutes between the oil that pretty much covered the starting line area, and reconstructing the barriers around the starters box. Things like this are the reason I always try to keep my visor down when I'm behind the water box.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back