San Antonio Raceway, new name, new owner. (1 Viewer)

turbo ken

Nitro Member
San Antonio Raceway will have a grand opening on July 6th 2018 with a new owner, and a new name Alamo City Motorplex. Currently SAR is leased.

Cool. I went by there about a month ago, when I was visiting family in College Station. Alamo City is a good name for the track. I seem to remember a track with the name "Alamo" in it some years ago.

Many drag strips have had different names over the many years they were in operation under different owners.

Jim Hill
www.nostalgicracingdecals.com

Attachments

• Alamo Dragway.jpg
    Alamo Dragway.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 99
  • San Antonio Raceway.jpg
    San Antonio Raceway.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 97
Thanks, Jim. Yes, it was Alamo Dragway that I remembered. AHRA too, of course. :) When I first moved to Arizona in 1981, AHRA ran their version of the Winternationals at the old Tucson Dragway. That was fun. Garlits, Snake, the Greek, all the greats of the time.

Thanks, Jim. Yes, it was Alamo Dragway that I remembered. AHRA too, of course. :) When I first moved to Arizona in 1981, AHRA ran their version of the Winternationals at the old Tucson Dragway. That was fun. Garlits, Snake, the Greek, all the greats of the time.
It was actually Beeline Dragway in Mesa, which closed in the early 80's

It was actually Beeline Dragway in Mesa, which closed in the early 80's

Beeline was in Scottsdale and held the AHRA Winternationals through the '60s and most of the '70s. The race was moved to Tucson later in the '70s and ran into the early '80s.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo Lance where did you get the info?
I read it on their Facebook page. You can find it on FB by searching Alamo Moterplex Closing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back