San Antonio Raceway, Bankrupt, and Forclosed! (1 Viewer)

Now since it's in Chapter 7 bankruptcy, the feds are in charge, and everything has to liquidated. The feds were requesting everything brought back or federal charges would be filed. Now I here, that most of the equipment has been returned.

Don't tease us. What might be in the works?

Mike there is no tease, the theft of equipment when an entity is in Federal Bankruptcy Court means additional issues needed to be resolved. I heard from an IHRA exec last week that most of the "stolen" assets had been returned, San Antonio Raceway is not going to be an Outlet Mall.

Mike there is no tease, the theft of equipment when an entity is in Federal Bankruptcy Court means additional issues needed to be resolved. I heard from an IHRA exec last week that most of the "stolen" assets had been returned, San Antonio Raceway is not going to be an Outlet Mall.

Wow! I didn't realize the Fed was involved. (Are they on the creditor list?) I thought the bankruptcy was filed and dealt with on a local level in the county courthouse. It would have been interesting to know how the assets re-appeared without the local law being notified something was up. They would have had to "break back in" to do so I would think.

I'm glad to hear that the track won't end up as an outlet mall. We have a sufficient number of outlet malls in Texas by the way......

News out today from IHRA, it's complicated.

The San Antonio Nationals originally scheduled for March 13 & 14, 2015 in San Antonio, Texas has been postponed. Replacing that date on the 2015 Nitro Jam Schedule will be the return of the Mardi Gras Nationals at State Capital Raceway, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Would be nice cause our IHRA Nationals track in D/FW the [Cement Palace ] closed and is now a Big Truck Wrecking yard . I have been to Shreveport it's a nice facility but prone to hold water for a while after a rain .
Capitol Raceway must have done some improvements . Wouldn't take much to upgrade it to IHRA standards , I haven't been there in a while .

State Capitol Raceway looks a lot better than it did when it was NHRA sanctioned many years ago. The "Cement Palace" was a nice place but it seemed to be cursed from the very beginning of construction.

Track is getting a brand new timing system put in, the ambulance for the track just got there, and more equipment in on the way.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back