Rule change for nitro hydro. (1 Viewer)

I knew they dropped them to 1,000ft a while back. But when I heard the ET's I thought wait, how can they be a half second quicker than Top fueler? Then they said TFH only goes to 875 ft. That explains the 3.10 ET.

Also didn't the distance from the holding rope to the beam get changed, giving the boat more speed at the starting beam?

The distance from the rope to the beam has been standardized for a few years now.
It is 125' from the holding rope to the starting line, then 875' to the finish line, so the Fuel Boats are running 1000' total. That's new this year.

Alan

The distance from the rope to the beam has been standardized for a few years now.
It is 125' from the holding rope to the starting line, then 875' to the finish line, so the Fuel Boats are running 1000' total. That's new this year.

Alan
I got the email today, I always enjoyed your voice overs for the show.

Being a NHRA forum, I thought maybe they were going to mandate automatic transmissions in Top Fuel and F/C...

!ByS26Nw!Wk~$(KGrHqR,!jIEw5JgMHh9BMRHp5WRNQ~~_35a.jpg

The B&M Hydro was THE hot set up "back then". The A/Gas Supercharged cars ran that trans, like Stone-Woods & Cook and Big John Mazmanian. Was a great trans for the street too. Had a buddy who had a 57 Chevy with small block & a B&M. So cool....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back