Roy Johnson hospitalized (1 Viewer)

nhdriver

Nitro Member
According to the NHRA web site, Roy Johnson Father and crew chief of Pro Stock racer Allen Johnson & also the crew chief of Richie Stevens, suffered an apparent heart attack. Wish him well and say a prayer for him. Read more at NHRA.com

My prayers are with Mr. Johnson, the entire family and team.

The good news is that patients who have successful surgeries that quickly after an attack have a much better prognosis.

Roy, AJ and the whole team are "good folks." Sorry to hear of Roy's problems and am praying for a full recovery.

So sorry to hear this - get well soon Roy! My best to you and to your teams. It's bound to be hard for them to focus today, with their thoughts divided between racing and Roy's health.

Roy is a soft spoken guy who works very hard and is a genuine good guy! I'm glad to hear that they were able to perform a successful by-pass and he is doing well. :eek:

I was shocked to hear this on NHRA Raceday. My thoughts and prayers are with the Johnson family.

The followup report is confusing - a 30-minute surgery almost certainly wasn't a bypass and the followup report mentions placing several stents (stints?) in his coronary arteries, which are an alternative to a bypass procedure.

I am guessing they were able to do the entire procedure using heart catheters and stents, which would square with the 30-minute time for the procedure. If so, Roy should be up and around pretty quickly.

DRC's report is wacky.

And what's a stint? Roy had a stint in the hospital..where they performed angioplasty w/stents implanted..no bypass.

Couple blockages..couple stents..Roy is probably walking around by now.

He'll be watching the tube for sure.

Get well soon, Roy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back