Roy Johnson hospitalized (1 Viewer)

Sorry guys when they said operation I immediately thought bypass.
If he had stints put in then it was a Cath Lab Procedure.
Bottomline I'm just happy he survived!

..Roy is probably walking around by now.

Uh, I don't think so. One of the real treats of the procedure is lying in bed motionless for 8 hours with a sandbag on the insertion site. You can't imagine all the parts that need to be moved or scratched during that time. Please don't ask me how I know. ;)

In all seriousness, I agree that the news turned out about as well as all of us could hope.

I'll add my opinion that the Johnson duo is among the absolute best people in racing. They've always been down to earth and approachable. I think it's especially cool that they are doing so well now considering that Roy was building horsepower in Hemi Dusters (or was it Cudas?) back when a hemi really was a Hemi. :rolleyes:

Whew! That was too close for comfort!
don't worry 'bout anything Roy, just take your time to get well.
We'll be waiting for ya so ya can get back to making those hemi's run like bats out of heck.

We all know the difference between minor surgery and major surgery... Minor when it is on YOU major when it is on ME

His ordeal sounded even scarier when Allen Johnson filled in a lot more of the details. I'm so glad he's going to be okay. Keeping them in my thoughts and prayers.

Uh, I don't think so. One of the real treats of the procedure is lying in bed motionless for 8 hours with a sandbag on the insertion site. You can't imagine all the parts that need to be moved or scratched during that time. Please don't ask me how I know. ;)

In all seriousness, I agree that the news turned out about as well as all of us could hope.

I'll add my opinion that the Johnson duo is among the absolute best people in racing. They've always been down to earth and approachable. I think it's especially cool that they are doing so well now considering that Roy was building horsepower in Hemi Dusters (or was it Cudas?) back when a hemi really was a Hemi. :rolleyes:
Dan..no disrespect.

I have 2 stents..(Circumflex & Left Anterior Descending) no sandbag..I was walking around 8 hrs after the procedure.(believe me it's no fun during those first hours with the vent..they said I wasn't going to make it). But when I awoke..got off the vent..within 8 hrs of my attack..I'm pushing a pole with the plugins..but I did laps encouraged by Physical Therapy. Unlike Roy..I was clinically dead..if I wasn't in the emergency room when it happened..I wouldn't be typing now.

I only typed my response because I know he's ok..if he was just having pains (angina)..then he was at the right place at the right time. Like I was.

My prayers to Roy.

Dan..no disrespect.

I have 2 stents..(Circumflex & Left Anterior Descending) no sandbag..I was walking around 8 hrs after the procedure.(believe me it's no fun during those first hours with the vent..they said I wasn't going to make it). But when I awoke..got off the vent..within 8 hrs of my attack..I'm pushing a pole with the plugins..but I did laps encouraged by Physical Therapy. Unlike Roy..I was clinically dead..if I wasn't in the emergency room when it happened..I wouldn't be typing now.

I only typed my response because I know he's ok..if he was just having pains (angina)..then he was at the right place at the right time. Like I was.

My prayers to Roy.

No disrepect taken, and I hope that goes both ways.

That's a remarkable story. I'm glad you did so well and that modern medicine really can work miracles.

What Roy went thru was very serious and with out the care that was given to him in the hospital room the out come would have been very different. Roy went thru more then placing a stint in a vein. He is doing great as of Sunday and let's hope he continues to improve. I had an angeioplasty (sp) in 93 but I did not go thru what Roy went thru, thank God.

As often as some of us disagree with each other and some of the competitors on this site I think we all agree that Roy Johnson's health, as well as everyone else's for that matter, is absolutely a #1 priority.

Roy, Allen and the entire Johnson family are and will remain in my thoughts and prayers. God bless.

Someone that has any update on Roy, please let those of us who care, know how he is doing...:) Hope to see you soon Roy...;)
Ray-

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back