Roy Hill Headed to Budds Creek for Biggest Sportsman Race in IHRA History (1 Viewer)

(7-8-2011) BUDDS CREEK, MD – Roy Hill is rolling into Maryland International Raceway with the Phoenix Racing 2010 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Super Stockers locked and loaded, and his sights are set on taking home the hardware from the largest sportsman class race in the forty year history of the International Hot Rod Association.

The inaugural Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular kicks off this weekend at MIR, and Hill is excited about making his return to IHRA competition.

“We’re not just running an NHRA program, we’re also running some IHRA races, along with our match race program,” Hill said. “I think IHRA is on the right track with their sportsman program, and a race like this weekend’s Sportsman Spectacular is proof of that. Some of the absolute best racers in the world will be there, so I have to be on my game.”

Hill’s Cobra Jet will feature backing from Racing Radios for the Sportsman Spectacular. A longtime supporter of Roy Hill’s Drag Racing School as well as his racing programs, Racing Radios will be on the hood of the Goodyear Cobra Jet that Hill will pilot this weekend.

“My relationship with Racing Radios and the Thornton family goes back a long way,” said Hill. “I bought some radios from John Thornton back when I had a stock car team in 1989, and when I owned Rockingham Dragway a few years later, I went back to them for all of my communication needs. They saw the exposure we could provide for them with signage at the track and the affiliation with Roy Hill’s Drag Racing School, and the relationship grew from there.”

“I can’t tell you what their support meant to me in the early days when I was just trying to get started,” Hill continued. “When someone is as good to you as they have been to me, you never forget it. We sat down and talked about them coming on board with the Super Stock program, and we both agreed there was no better place to debut the partnership than at an IHRA race because Racing Radios is the official two-way radio supplier for IHRA.”

In addition to appearing on the hood of Hill’s pacesetting Cobra Jet, Racing Radios is also giving away a session at Roy Hill’s Drag Racing School. Just stop by the team’s pits at the Sportsman Spectacular and enter for your chance to win.

“I think Racing Radios is excited about all of this, and I know I am,” said Hill. “It’s a big deal for me to represent companies such as Racing Radios, Ford Racing, Goodyear, Coca-Cola, and Alsco. After some testing, I think I’ve got James Finch’s Phoenix Racing Cobra Jets on track to go some rounds, so we’re going to do our best to show off for our sponsors this weekend.”

Visit Roy Hill for more information about Roy Hill’s Drag Racing School and the team’s Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Super Stock program.

Attachments

• roy_hill_MIR_preview.jpg
    roy_hill_MIR_preview.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 14
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back