Route 66 seating (1 Viewer)

I thought they were selling both sides when I bought my tickets, but I do see you can only buy reserved seating now. I did see they were looking for people to work ticketing, parking, ushers, and turnaround which had me concerned since we are a week out. I just looked at the seats left for Saturday and it looks like it's going to be a decent crowd based on what's left. I also noticed that they won't be charging for general parking, which is a change from what it was previously.

After a four year layoff, we were excited to return for our usual Friday session only to find there's just one Nitro qualifier. We're not driving 2-1/2 hrs from Milwaukee for one round... Screw that. Looks like we're not the only ones who've shifted focus to Saturday. I'm glad I checked in here to see this post about seating. Are they serious about no seating on the spectator side or nothing past 300ft on the pit side??? As of 10pm Friday, there's pretty much nothing available unless you sit behind the starting line or the very top rows. (screw that #2)

Hopefully NHRA will open more seating.

The left side of the track will not be open for seating. I guess they are going to have more than one Jumbotron on that side of the track.

I assumed from the posts above (and the low turnout at so many races on tv) that NHRA decided it wasn't going to open the general admission seating because of low interest or no workers.

I just got off the phone with NHRA ticketing (after waiting 30 minutes on hold) and the gal there told me that all of GA seating was sold some time ago for Fri, Sat, and Sun. Serious!? How's that?

In the past we just drove down on Friday morning and bought tickets. Never... on a Friday, have the stands been more than 1/3 full, if that. Looking forward to seeing the stands full on tv tonight. Too bad we're not going.

I'm curious how it goes down. Seems alot of miscommunication. Hope it goes great. Would love to be there but healthwise I don't know day to day if I can walk a few 100 feet or 10 feet. Hope everyone has a great time.

The left side of the track will not be open for seating. I guess they are going to have more than one Jumbotron on that side of the track.
Remember...if you limit how many seats you sell, it is easier to say you had a sellout.

Unlike the stick and ball sports, drag racing never gives out the capacity of the venue and how many tickets were really sold. So when they say an event is a sellout, it is a meaningless statement.

I’m here. My home track. North side GA stands not open. This is not an NRHA issue. Track management sucks, no Friday night test and tune for years, thanks Pritzker. Have heard many negative comments from local racers. Thanks NASCAR. Sparce crowd today, I will be here tomorrow, but not Sunday. Glad I’ m here, but it seems as if the future of this track is in jeopardy.

Remember...if you limit how many seats you sell, it is easier to say you had a sellout.

Unlike the stick and ball sports, drag racing never gives out the capacity of the venue and how many tickets were really sold. So when they say an event is a sellout, it is a meaningless statement.
They've had packed crowds without limiting seating. Chicago is just a abnormal venue when it comes to seating.

I was there today and thought the crowd was decent for a Friday with only 1 session. I hope they get more concessions for tomorrow, more people might cause long lines based on what I saw today. I had no problems getting in or out. I can't make it tomorrow and gave my tickets to my neighbors who have never been to a race. Hope they have a good time. I will be back on Sunday.

Brian Lohnes stated last night on the NHRA.tv broadcast that they were opening some of the Northside grandstands for today's racing.

They've had packed crowds without limiting seating. Chicago is just a abnormal venue when it comes to seating.
NHRA and the tracks never announce capacity for a venue. When they say an event is sold out, they never tell you how many tickets were sold. Without giving the capacity or the number of tickets sold, any claim that an event is sold out is meaningless. The crowd may looked packed but that does not mean it is sold out.

Tons of GA seats are available on the North side for Sat & Sun.
A handful of people were siting on the north side yesterday. NHRA has two Sunoco screens near the starting line on that side so I don’t know how obstructed the view is. You definitely cannot see the cars from the starting line area. Down track it may not be an issue.

NHRA and the tracks never announce capacity for a venue. When they say an event is sold out, they never tell you how many tickets were sold. Without giving the capacity or the number of tickets sold, any claim that an event is sold out is meaningless. The crowd may looked packed but that does not mean it is sold out.
My question is, What is the cap at a national event that NHRA takes in before they make a profit? Many have discussed that when NHRA has a National event at a track, They pretty much take a majority of the income and the track pretty much depends on the concessions for income. My question is, How much money does NHRA need to cover costs? Remember, They are a non-profit or a not for profit organization. If I were a track owner, I'd be selling as many tickets as I could because at a nomal test-n-tune or other event, They wouldn't even come close to the amount of people that would attend. IMO, like the NFL or MLB, they never hesitate to let the viewers/ fans know what the sold out capacity is.

IMO, like the NFL or MLB, they never hesitate to let the viewers/ fans know what the sold out capacity is.

I have asked several times when I have been covering a national event. NHRA has always refused to reveal capacity and how many tickets were sold. For the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA and other sports, venue capacity is published in the media guides and actual attendance is announced during every game.

Jim

Whether it's sold out or not, butts are in the seats. And plenty of other sporting events have had juiced attendance records. Numbers revealed and all.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back